DVDVR Message Board

Raw is MSG - 9/9/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I thought it was a pretty good show.  Opening 20 minutes were perfect.  I loved that segment so much.  Good action throughout the night.  I think they missed an opportunity with The Fiend.   I think it would have been cool to see him appear at MSG in some fashion..  he would have got a big pop. 

Kudos to the guys at the end for not visibly corpsing. I can't imagine how much they were all marking out drinking beer with Austin at MSG. 

Good start and end. It ain't your granddad's MSG though - not just the remodel that made it look like every other arena in the country, but you know business is questionable when an MSG crowd is dead quiet during a Becky Lynch match.

• Haha 1

The opening segment was solid. I like how it bled into Cedric/AJ and that we got the Viking Raiders finally going for vengeance against OC. It was nice to see ti all tie together for the main event which was great build for Cedric and the Viking Raiders.

I actually like that they didn't go for the obvious Fiend attack on Austin. I like even moreso that they had Bray explain why.

The triple threat was good though the positive Baron chants had to be the audience trolling, right? Loved that powerbomb into the Deep Six Corbin hit.

Rey/Metalik was a nice showcase for Metalik.

The 4HW tag was good stuff. That was way better than any of the tag matches Sasha/Bayley had the last year or so. Those two are way better together as heels than faces. Have to say though I'm kind of ok with it not being the main event considering weak reactions.

The crowd wasn't too strong all night save for Austin. 

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Man, they were Dead. Fucking. Silent. during the Rey match. It kind of pissed me off. 

They were like that most of the night save Austin.   Just goes to show how over everything was in 1998 compared to now.  It's not the performers fault.  This had trouble selling out and I'm not sure it really did.   Smackdown is nowhere near sold out.  Different times.  Sadly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They were like that most of the night save Austin.   Just goes to show how over everything was in 1998 compared to now.  It's not the performers fault.  This had trouble selling out and I'm not sure it really did.   Smackdown is nowhere near sold out.  Different times.  Sadly. 

They're going to have to paper the building like crazy for tomorrow night. Hell, tonight had to be papered as well. I didn't think it was sold out.

They cannot get out of their own way trying to get Seth Rollins over by having legends give him the rub. At the end of the day, it's still captain charisma-less. 

The 4HW deserved better than they got. I was shocked at how well Bayley worked heel and how much fun she seemed to be having doing it. Good for her. 

Cedric Alexander has real potential. What we got of him vs. AJ was pretty dope. Cool that the Viking Raiders finally got something to do. 

Kinda wanted the Fiend to lay out Rollins at the end. That crowd could've used a jolt. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

They're going to have to paper the building like crazy for tomorrow night. Hell, tonight had to be papered as well. I didn't think it was sold out.

There were a bunch of tickets available last night.  I feel like Michael Cole screaming "WE'RE SOLD OUT" was... probably BS or some manipulation of the numbers.