DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON - P&C report 2/10/20

Dolfan in NYC

So an agent spoke with one of the shitty Chicago sports reporters, I forget which because almost all suck, and they said they offered a middle of the rotation pitcher for only about $5 million and the Cubs had to turn down the offer because they either have to clear payroll or ownership hasn't committed to a budget.

Fuck the whole Ricketts family.

• Like 1

Oh and Bruce Bochy's retirement sure didn't last long as he will manage the French national team as they try to qualify for the WBC

Bochy was born in France and thus his son Brett is eligible to play for them

The Blue Jays sign RHP Tanner Roark to a 2 yr deal worth $24 million.

The Mets have agreed to a 1 yr deal with RHP Michael Wacha. The deal is still pending a physical, but is worth $3 million, and Wacha could earn another 7 mil in incentives.

The Dodgers have agreed to a 1 yr/10 mil deal with former A's closer Blake Treinen.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I love how he became the embodiment of Mets fans bitterness and jealousy.

You paid all that money for Cole and he's only the second best pitcher in NY. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Dodgers have agreed to a 1 yr/10 mil deal with former A's closer Blake Treinen.

Rumors had them looking to deal for him before OAK non-tendered him. Couple of things I saw had them also looking to maybe swing deals that still land them Lindor and potentially then deal Seager for a MLB level SP.

36 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

Rumors had them looking to deal for him before OAK non-tendered him. Couple of things I saw had them also looking to maybe swing deals that still land them Lindor and potentially then deal Seager for a MLB level SP.

There was a rumor the Yankees were also interested in Treinen.

Boy, they are fucking falling quick this year, eh? Dallas Keuchel didn't get a job until June! I wonder if Bum is the next one to go. 

If he lands in LA, I promise I will still call him out for being hella bitchmade when he whines about a strikezone, or throws at a Puerto Rican guy for no reason, or makes a pissface when someone takes him deep. He's always been super cunty, and I can't imagine a Dodger uniform will change that. It will only serve to make his horseshit ever so slightly less unbearable.

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

Boy, they are fucking falling quick this year, eh? Dallas Keuchel didn't get a job until June! I wonder if Bum is the next one to go. 

If he lands in LA, I promise I will still call him out for being hella bitchmade when he whines about a strikezone, or throws at a Puerto Rican guy for no reason, or makes a pissface when someone takes him deep. He's always been super cunty, and I can't imagine a Dodger uniform will change that. It will only serve to make his horseshit ever so slightly less unbearable.

The next one to go is probably MadBum, then Hyun-Jin Ryu or Keuchel.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie