DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON - P&C report 2/10/20

Dolfan in NYC

The Reds have reached an agreement on a three-year deal with Japanese outfielder Shogo Akiyama, MLB Network insider Joel Sherman reported on Monday. The team has not confirmed the deal.

Nikkan Sports, a Japanese media outlet, reported earlier on Monday that the Reds and Akiyama had reached agreement on a three-year, $15 million contract, though sources told MLB.com that the bidding by the multiple teams seeking to sign Akiyama was higher than three years and $15 million by a “decent margin" and exceeded $20 million.

The Domingo German suspension was finally announced

81 game ban for violation of domestic violence policy

He has already served 18 games

So thrilled the Yanks have TWO guys on the roster now with violations

The White Sox have given rookie centerfielder Luis Robert a six-year, $50-million contract (along with two additional club option years for $20-million each) and are placing him on the roster for Opening Day.

1 minute ago, elizium said:

A prospect? Did they miss a pluralization there?

The implication seems to be that the Dodgers would take the full freight of Price's hideous contract and that is why the return would basically be just a player (more specifically the Sox wouldn't ask for Gavin Lux). Or I should say "top" prospect

The Dodgers would clearly through in some other warm bodies too

16 hours ago, piranesi said:

Damn. I have a signed baseball from him because my uncle caught for him on a barnstorming US Army baseball team in Korea...or during Korea...or something.

I met him and shook his hand. My mother worked for Unisource in the middle 80's, and he had some sort of business need with them, and she handled his order, or went on a sales call or something. I can't remember which. He asked if I wanted an autograph, and while the real answer is yes, I said no because I didn't want to be a bother, and I was fucking FUMING because while I understood the outlandishness of what he had done and even though at this point it had been 30ish years since he did it, he did against the goddamn Dodgers. And I wasn't having some fucking Yankee autograph sitting on my shelf. 10 year old me was hella dumb, yo.

My Mom must have had something signed by him though. If she did, it wasn't in the box of her things I got after she died, so it is out in the ether somewhere.

Pretty rad to be someone who has done something the only time it was ever done.

• Like 1

Larsen was well known in this area but was pretty much left alone. Living in a small town in Northern Idaho will do that for you. Super nice guy from everything I've heard. 

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So a week ago it was the White Sox being the only team signing people, the week is the Nats

Now it is them signing Starlin Castro for 2 years, $12 million

There goes the rumor of the Yankees bringing back Castro to back up Gleyber.

My pick for Gleyber's insurance? Jose Iglesias

There's still going to be a veteran catcher brought into camp to compete with Kyle Higashioka for the backup job. I just don't think the Yankees will hand Higgy the backup job without him competing for it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

On 1/3/2020 at 6:46 PM, RIPPA said:

So a week ago it was the White Sox being the only team signing people, the week is the Nats

Now it is them signing Starlin Castro for 2 years, $12 million

The Nats are bringing back Asdrubal Cabrera for 1 yr/2.5 million.

They have also signed 1B Eric Thames. He will earn $3 million in 2020, and his second year will be worth $4 million with a $1 million buyout, according to Feinsand.

The've also agreed to a two year deal worth $11 million with reliever Daniel Hudson, a source told MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand. The deal, which was first reported by ESPN’s Jeff Passan, also includes $1 million in incentives based on games finished.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Shortstop Jose Iglesias and the Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a one-year, $3 million contract, a source confirmed to ESPN. The deal has a team option for the 2021 season, the source said.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Jimmy Nelson to LAD.

From the guy who covers MIL for MLB.com:

$750k salary in 2020 with a 2021 club option for $2M with a $500k buyout. 2021 option converts to a $5M mutual option with 60 IP or 40 games pitched in 2020, and can increase up to $9M based on 2020 innings. Nelson can earn another $1.5M in 2020 performance bonuses based on innings pitched, and the deal also includes roster bonues: $1M if he’s on the 2020 Opening Day roster; $500k for 45 days on the active roster; $500k for 90 days on the active roster.

The Cardinals and Rays have completed a trade that sends outfielders José Martínez and Randy Arozarena plus a Competitive Balance Round A Draft pick (38th overall) to Tampa Bay in exchange for left-hander Matthew Liberatore -- the Rays’ fourth-ranked prospect -- catching prospect Edgardo Rodriguez and a Competitive Balance Round B Draft pick (66th overall), the clubs announced Thursday night.

TRADE DETAILS
Rays to get: OF José Martínez, OF Randy Arozarena, Competitive Balance Round A Draft pick (38th overall)
Cardinals to get: LHP Matthew Liberatore, C Edgardo Rodriguez, Competitive Balance Round B Draft pick (66th overall)

This is why team's always ask for the moon because sometimes a team will keep up a top pitching prospect for a 4th OF and a guy who is going to be part of a DH platoon

There are A LOT of folks avoiding arbitration so I am only focusing on the big ticket ones (ie: Over 10 million a year)

Mookie Betts - Red Sox - $27 million (new record)

Jackie Bradley Jr - Red Sox - $11 million

Marcus Semien - As - $13 million

Alex Colome - White Sox - $10.5325 million (which is the most random amount ever)

EDIT

Trevor Bauer - Reds - $17.5 million

Francisco Lindor - Indians - $17.5 million