DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/11/19

*Taped for Xplosion: TJP (w/ Fallah Bahh) def. Tyler Durvack

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 11, 2019 from Las Vegas, NV

*Ace Austin def. Eddie Edwards to qualify for the X Division Title Ladder Match at BFG after interference from Reno Scum. Ace wore a shirt that said "I just banged your wife".

*The Desi Hit Squad (Mahabali Shera, Rohit Raju, & Raj Singh w/ The Great Gama) def. The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Trey Miguel, & Zachary Wentz) when Shera pinned Wentz.

*Havok (w/ Father James Mitchell) def. Taya Valkyrie(c) (w/ John E Bravo) via DQ when Bravo hit the referee. After the match,  Taya went after Havok with a steel chair butTenille Dashwood got up from commentary and chased Taya off.

*Stephan Bonnar def. Moose (w/ Frank Trigg) via DQ when Moose shoved the referee. After the match, Ken Shamrock attacks Moose and makes him tap to the Ankle Lock.

*Jordynne Grace def. Katie Forbes with the Grace Driver.

*Tessa Blanchard & Daga def. Jake Crist & Madman Fulton (w/ Dave Crist) when Tessa pinned Jake after the Magnum. After the match, Fulton chokeslams Daga & Tessa. Brian Cage runs out to take out oVe until Sami Callihan runs out to attack with a steel chair. oVe beat down Cage until Melissa Santos comes down to try to stop them. They end up handcuffing Cage to the ropes as Callihan gives Melissa the Piledriver.

Edited by DreamBroken

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at Ken Shamrock, I'm thinking Impact doesn't have a very thorough wellness policy. Stephan bonnar however looked in great shape, and seemed far more athletic as a Wrestler than he ever did in MMA. Nice hardway too.

Next week a Battle Royal to earn last entry in a Royal Rumble. So a Battle Royal to qualify for another Battle Royal, in essence. And the runner up has to enter the Royal Rumble first, because this company loves punishing success. Feast or Fired all over again.

The Rascalz got something good out of the Dei Hit Squad and Mahabali Shera. Largely by only letting Shera do like one move in the whole match. Any time the DHS are with any X-Div type guys, it gets very obvious that Rohit is the only decent worker on the team.

Katie Forbes, I figured she was just a stripper but she seems to have a little athleticism to her. But Jordynne Grace pretty much just carried it.

Daga continues to look impressive, but he has no direction in this company at all. He's another Matt Sydal in this company. Decent worker who is just another guy on the show. All in all, decent episode, but I'm glad I didn't watch it straight after Dynamite.

Eddie/Ace was pretty good stuff. Loved Taya in the match with Havok and in the backstage seg with Rosemary, she is the best. Very much looking forward to Taya/Tenille. Moose/Bonnar was fun. Main event was fast paced but super short. Great closing angle putting even more heat on the BFG main.

Ace Austin, Taya and Stephan Bonnar were the stars of this show.

I don’t know who Katie Forbes is, but Cyrus’ drooling over her was super gross.

On the flip side Johnny Swinger being super gross was incredibly entertaining.

Impact really is bizarro world

Edited by Ultimo Necro

I wonder if Jordynne Grace is considered the face or the heel in this in IMPACT's mind.  Given how much Cyrus was I get it was more heel.   It is weird because he wants to be respectable in terms of people like Tessa Blanchard and then acts like a creepy pervert in the Katie Forbes stuff and Ace Austin/Edwards feud

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I don’t know who Katie Forbes is,

RVD's girlfriend. Sonya divorced him.

She was supposed to be signed to ROH, but they must have let her go. She does kind of feel more like a Diva Search era-level Wrestler than one made for today's Women's Wrestling environment, though.

On 10/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, Hail Sabin said:

I remember her ROH Match that made TV was even more Sleazy then the match she had with Grace on this show.  

The funnier thing to me is that was one of the last things in Ring of Honor that people saw of Tennile Dashwood.  Then all of the sudden she leaves the company and is taken out by Bully Ray.  Not saying she left Ring of Honor because of that match but you can tell she was disgusted by that.

She can't get away from that stripper no matter how hard she tries  ?

• Like 1

When is Impact switching over to AXS permanently? I forgot these Pursuit shows keep recording until I went to erase some stuff off the DVR. 

Real sleazy show. Strippers wrestling, rats in the crowd, juiced up ex-MMA guys (yeah, Bonnar isn't on it too, gimme a break), female announcers getting bottles busted over their head and piledriven. Stay Classy TNA.

EDIT: As if that wasn't enough they added extra juice (heh) with showing the old clip of Christopher Daniels falling on his face from ten feet above the ring, just to add "talent endangerment" to the proceedings

Edited by Curt McGirt

The thing that I found weird is the Impact actually pixelated Melissa Santos getting piledrived by Sami in a photo.  Like of all the things that happened on the show this is something you need a warning on?

I thought Impact was on AXS for the last 2 weeks on Tuesdays.  I don't know how long they will show the Pursuit shows on a Friday night.  Since I don't get AXS (thanks Cox communications) it has been helpful

• Haha 1

Impact has been on AXS on Tuesday, but it's all reruns. This Tuesday is Slammiversary from 2017. 

It is double funny that they would pixellate Santos' face but do a super tight closeup of busted open Bonnar (how did that happen anyway, a clash of heads?). Like it zoomed in once, and that wasn't close enough so it zoomed in closer.

Edited by Curt McGirt

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, hammerva said:

The thing that I found weird is the Impact actually pixelated Melissa Santos getting piledrived by Sami in a photo.  Like of all the things that happened on the show this is something you need a warning on?

I thought Impact was on AXS for the last 2 weeks on Tuesdays.  I don't know how long they will show the Pursuit shows on a Friday night.  Since I don't get AXS (thanks Cox communications) it has been helpful

Maybe they pixelated a wardrobe malfunction? Only thing I can think of.