DVDVR Message Board

not working on phone

nate

I had to sign in at work, so I'm typing fast so I can write it off as a misunderstanding (and avoid a written warning).

I can't post from mobile.  I also can't send out IMs, hence this message or I would have messaged an admin.  I also cannot react to a post beyond the initial "like" option.

If anyone has any suggestion that might help, I'm all ears.  I probably won't be able to post any replies until tonight.  Thanks to anyone who can look into this for me.

28 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

Social media links have disappeared for me.  Now I just see people reacting to whatever the embedded link is

All of them?

Because some people are not embedding them (either because they don't know how or because they are choosing that do it that way). 

Like - do you see this? (It's a tweet)

It could be a theme issue.  I know the theme I use (the BoHeGeHa Dark Blue) doesn't show thread links properly since a few board updates ago because the theme's need to be updated too, and I just never wanted to bother Rippa about it because it's not a breaking issue.  Did the embeds die around the last update?

Hmmm, I've been on so infrequently that I can't say for sure.  But most likely yes?

Ironically, I just checked on my phone and the embeds still appear there.

ETA: Just checked on the various different themes in Firefox and no embeds.

Double edit! It was a cache thing, apparently.

Edited by Bustronaut

It's been slow lately, but I'm chalking that up to people's insistence on quoting GIF's to post the full YouTube matches they come from, along with every magazine released pic of certain movies, and how that fucks with the SQL queries of the board.