DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV - 09/04/19 (SPOILER FREE!)

Dolfan in NYC

Here's the announced show.  For those new to the weekly NXT threads, please, no spoilers until it's aired:

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP - Adam Cole (c) vs. Jordan Myles

Bianca Bel Air vs. Taynara Conti

NA Champion Velveteen Dream vs. Kona Reeves

I dug Breezango's new entrance though it me think of the music in the Blue Oyster scenes from Police Academy movie.

Couldn't be bothered to give my full attention to Reeves/Dream or Myles/Cole. I just don;t care much about Reeves or Cole.

Was nice to see Io try to murder Candice.

Was pleasantly surprised to see Conti/Belair played out for more than a squash. Was a nice little match and one of Conti's better performances.

I really liked the Cole/Myles match a lot. It did a great job establishing Myles but it also showed why Cole's the champ. I also liked how it played against the Shelton Benjamin/HHH or Cena/Angle type (I believe). I know in the Shelton/HHH match, Shelton nearly caught a very cocky HHH early and did the iconic "one inch away" gesture to him that really stands out from that era. Cole came in and outmatched Myles right away. Once he started taunting him and became severely overconfident is when Myles made his comeback and showed his stuff. Cole's experience and dastardly smarts helped him pull out the win at the end. This felt like a NCAA game where some mid-major makes it to the second round and gives the highly touted one seed fits. Did I just comp Jordan Myles to Tacko Fall? I think I did.

Bianca/Tatiyana was a good competitive match but not what I was hoping to see. I'm glad they established Tatiyana but I really was hoping Bianca was going to keep doing what she was doing and beat the crap out of her opponent. She threw in some new flips and kip-ups that highlighted her athleticism. But I would have rather seen her beat the crap out of her in a squash as opposed to being in some sort of modified tarantula.

I loved Dream's reaction to that couch being burned. What a great wrestling trash segment. I love Roddy's thinking. "Hey, you know what? I want to get in Dream's head. What's the best way for me to do that? I know. Let me find out where he stores his couch. And then I'll wait to he has a match and will push it outside somewhere, and I"ll have my fuel source ready to set it on fire. That will show him!"

I like Taynara Conti, I think she has potential as a cross between Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville, or maybe as a third member of that team (Fire and Desire and Inspire? I don’t know) but she’s progressing slowly. Unless they do some serious reshuffling I could see her being a big part of NXT when it goes live. But Bianca is so ready now, make her the champ already.