DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Cruel Reign of King Elias - 9/3/2019

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Andrade really isn't over. 

Pretty much. I think it was even questionable rushing him into a main event slot in NXT, but ring work has a greater chance of getting you over there. Here, it's just not enough.

I know a lot of us like the guy's work. And he's had his moments on the main roster. But he's not connecting all the way. 

17 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

What was the KD reference? And please tell me someone other than that braying jackass behind the desk made it. 

Sadly it was him saying that.  He was rattling off bands that had "King" in it when Elias was making his entrance.  But to be fair he wasn't as infuriating last night (him fawning over Alexia/Mandy/etc. is expected anymore) so I was cool with it.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I really hope we end up getting a reboot of the Sting/Flair vs Arn/Pillman angle and match from Havoc ‘96 with Reigns, Bryan, Rowan, and hmm someone as Rowan’s partner, but who?

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7685105

It won't happen, but I would totally be behind Rowan going after Roman w/o Bryan's say so if it led to him and Harper teaming again as monsters going after tag and singles belts.

23 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Pretty much. I think it was even questionable rushing him into a main event slot in NXT, but ring work has a greater chance of getting you over there. Here, it's just not enough.

I know a lot of us like the guy's work. And he's had his moments on the main roster. But he's not connecting all the way. 

Its hard to connect when they do nothing with you to actually build and keep momentum. People can claim Gable is more over, but he really isn't. He is in the exact same spot as Andrade where occasionally when he gets to show what he can do the crowd gives a decent reaction, but otherwise he gets screwed pretty regularly and has had trouble getting over outside of random good-great matches. There are a lot of guys in similar positions. 

I'm gonna defend Bayley in a kayfabe sense that in being such a baby, she doesn't know how to seriously use a chair. That isn't so bad, is it? They should have her try it a third time and have Sasha say "no, here, give me the chair, let me show you how to lay it in" and after a brief tutorial Bayley becomes really vicious. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm gonna defend Bayley in a kayfabe sense that in being such a baby, she doesn't know how to seriously use a chair. That isn't so bad, is it? They should have her try it a third time and have Sasha say "no, here, give me the chair, let me show you how to lay it in" and after a brief tutorial Bayley becomes really vicious. 

You may be right, she’s already shown an aversion to using weapons.

I have been more of a regular watcher of WWE since Heyman and Bishoff were brought on. I like that there is more wrestling on each show. I love the Fiend like everyone else. I like that guys I hadn't really seen since I didn't watch 205 Live are getting pushed. I would like to see more of Buddy Murphy and Cedric Alexander. It also made me want to watch other shows like NXT UK's Takeover and that was awesome. Tyler Bate vs WALTER was amazing.

I have been entertained and Raw and Smackdown have not felt like work to get through. Keep improving and you will bring people like me back.

• Like 1

• Dolfan in NYC unpinned, locked, unfeatured and unfeatured this topic