DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Cruel Reign of King Elias - 9/3/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I’m surprised by tonight’s KOTR results. I had em both wrong as I thought Ricochet/Andrade was the obvious final. Neither match was as good as last night’s pair, but neither really got the time to try.

Main event stuff was interesting enough with the Bryan side of the angle but almost classic Hogan monster of the week formula (not that I’m complaining). 

I wonder who all had their hands in booking this KOTR. I was pretending this whole time like Heyman had a big hand in it and tonight thought "you dummy, he doesn't even book Smackdown". Because I think what everyone thought would happen is what Heyman would have booked if left to his own devices.

I'm sure Meltzer will come out after the fact and say it was booked by committee weeks ago but Vince changed it every week as it went along

I was so damn disappointed when Elias won since it meant Andrade was definitely losing. Saying that, the Ali match might have been the best match Elias has had.

Almas/Gable was nice. I kind of hoping the backstage stuff with Joe was more than a red herring and we actually do get Joe/Gable for the finals.

Black/Shelton was nice while it lasted. I want a longer rematch,

Mandy and Sonya have a nice finisher. 

The Orton/Kofi feud continues to be nice.

The beginning with Charlotte and Bayley was good. I love that Bayley is going the slight delusional route and considers herself to still be a role model. I only wish she was a little less of afraid of going more in on those chair shots, especially since Charlotte has no problem fucking people up with weapons. 

Rowan actually speaking and getting to be on his own is weird. I don't hate it. I just don;t know what to think of it.

16 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

So Roman’s storyline has all been to make an Erick Rowan push? That can’t be it, can it?

If Lars being in line for a big push were true, then it's likely Rowan took that spot. Let us be grateful. For Rowan is a much better wrestler, pleasant to look at, and most of all, not human garbage that Roman would have been stuck carrying for months.

Really good show. Bayley being delusional can go in a number of directions. Both KOTR matches were a blast. Should have known Gable would go far, as he's the one with a story attached to the tournament. Women's tag match was fun. 24/7 stuff was short but a good breather. The Reigns/Bryan saga is moving along well, with twists that keeps one on their toes. Bryan will likely still be behind the whole thing, but I'm interested in seeing where it goes, regardless.

The only quibbles were the Nakamura match as a non-factor and how they keep finding ways to make Black seem goofy. I thought he was about to strip during his promo. And it only took him five months to realize that *maybe* going to the ring was the way to get a match.  For someone supposedly that cerebral, he's slow on the draw.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Sure didn't see Andrade getting his card pulled -- or Rowan talking (I can't even remember, has he ever talked before?). And we got another squash? 

Rowan has spoken before, after the first time he was split from Bray. Also, during the Bludgeon Brothers run.

...and of course, RUN!

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1