DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Boss-Hug-Chair Connection - 9/2/2019

Overly Critical Man

11 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

And maybe the inflating buddies can intentionally wilt and have boo-boo face from now on, like what accidentally happened at Wrestlemania.

If they have yet to master the power of wind being shot into tubes, I don't give them much of a chance of getting this right either..

1 hour ago, Peck said:

No no.. I meant Dean turning on Seth after the leukemia stuff.

Also yes. 

To be V fair though to Dean, there are only so many burpees and muscle-ups a man can do before murderous rage ensues. 

31 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

If Bayley still has a side ponytail and stars on her face tonight, then they’ve completely dropped the ball on evil Bayley.

Bayley needs to have high hair and trashy make up, like Olivia newton John at the end of Grease. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, just drew said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't find the whole "BOSS" thing believable. Sasha has talent, but I don't believe her promos. At all. Because I don't really think she believes them. She's a gamer nerd from Boston pretending to be hood. I'm from Atlanta, and she wouldn't last a week here. And her secondhand figure skating onesie from last night didn't help matters.

She eviscerated Becky on the microphone. The one part of her as a performer that people said she was "lacking" and she went out there and looked WAY more comfortable than Becky who people have said is great on the mic. It's over. The Boss is back. 

"Hoi Hoi Hoi you little blue headed weirdo.." ?  

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1

Also: The Boss character always had that "next level" to it that people who were big NXT fans could see in her development. She came in as a happy-go-lucky "I love being here!" type who lost. Then she gazed into a mirror as Summer Rae talked into her ear and swayed her into seeing the benefits of the darkside. Sasha then emerged as The Boss -- an uber-confident, do anything to win opportunist with a huge mean streak. But you could always see in a lot of her matches that fake confidence eroding very quickly as soon as her opponent got the upper hand. And then, in moments of self-reflection, Sasha would let her guard down and be her core self -- the vulnerable nerd who had to develop a mean girl facade to find that next level due to an inherit lack of self-confidence that she belonged. 

This reemerged Sasha though is great. I can totally see her during the whole WM run-up saying (both kayfabe and maybe even in real life): "Hey, why the hell is Becky getting all this attention? I beat her back in NXT and was the star of the division until I got hurt. She was always second fiddle and I'm in a friggin' tag team battle royal?" And you know she complained to Bayley about that in kayfabe but Bayley was more focused on the immediate goal in front of them but did have that in her head. And then I can see that transform to her sitting at home watching Becky get more time and seeing Bayley get the title and just plotting this demise. "Oh, screw that, I'm The Boss. And you know what? Bayley's going to see it my way now. Bayley's no second fiddle. Let's do this."

• Like 1

Sasha and Bayley are a much needed shot in the arm for the women's division.  It's amazing that WWE had these two sitting around doing nothing.  The division has been on life support since WrestleMania and now it's the talk of WWE.  

I really think Sasha vs. Becky should main event Clash of the Champions. There's way more interest in that than this Seth and Braun thing.. 

I'd start the show with Bayley vs. Charlotte.  Hot opener.   Let Seth and Braun play out in the middle of the show.  Close with Becky and Sasha. 

• Like 1

Fans shouldn't be cheering a heel beatdown but yes this is absolutely in part the fault of one Vincent Kennedy McMahon. They spent YEARS being the heel. By they I mean the company. Fans are conditioned to cheer for "good booking" and boo shit that sucks..   If you want to garner the right reactions then maybe you shouldn't spend all that time breaking down the 4th wall and beating down fan expectations. 

You watch AEW nobody is cheering Jericho. You watch New Japan nobody is cheering Jay White and Gedo. Nobody is cheering KENTA. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I await this being Sister Abigail possessing Bayley and the eventual Fiend/Sister vs Rollins/Becky matches. 

I mean I won't watch them, but I await them.

The Fiend and The Friend.

And just like Bob Backlund was able to get it over so well on his own that Papa Shango got dropped from it, I look forward to it taking an average of 5 refs to break 1000 Yard Dead Eye Stare Bayley's Bear Hug as it sends people to the [medical facility]

35 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

She eviscerated Becky on the microphone. The one part of her as a performer that people said she was "lacking" and she went out there and looked WAY more comfortable than Becky who people have said is great on the mic. It's over. The Boss is back. 

"Hoi Hoi Hoi you little blue headed weirdo.." ?  

Blah blah blah. Too many head bounces and Cardi-B-esque hand movements to be authentic. In the words of Triumph the insult comic dog, she’s about as gangster as an Easter bonnet. She’s not “the boss.” She’s an intern playing pretend while the real boss is on vacation, sitting behind a desk that’s too big for her and barking into a phone that no one’s on the other end of. And that’s before we mention the onesie that I’m pretty sure she bought off the rack as a “grandmas couch” Halloween costume. On her best day she’s a mediocre worker and a wanna-Be gangster. Pass.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If she's a "mediocre worker" then some of your favorites need to head back down to developmental because they ain't on her level.  Finally getting the push she DESERVES. 

I still wholeheartedly reject the notion that one can “deserve” anything in a worked sport. But if one could, one wouldn’t earn said push by pouting at home for four months. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, just drew said:

I still wholeheartedly reject the notion that one can “deserve” anything in a worked sport. But if one could, one wouldn’t earn said push by pouting at home for four months. 

Yeah, but what about if she’s pouting on vacation? That surely earns her a run at the top.

• Like 1

I want to see Bayley pull off the "Kids still like me!" act, like Bret Hart did the "Canadians and other worldwide fans still like me!" act.

She comes to the ring, gives her headband to a little girl and then brutally destroys her opponent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, just drew said:

Nah,  I'm not going back down that road again. Sorry.  

I want to go back to what @Raziel said.  In his mind a guy can't possibly be a big fan of a woman performer, is that correct?  Anyone who knows me on here knows that I will defend what I like. That's what a message board is all about,  we debate back and forth and some people like this and some people like that.  

I was once accused of being a "Hollywood Cibernetico" type of guy because I posted some pictures of AJ Lee in the picture thread and .. well,  I stopped doing that because I don't want there to be confusion.  I don't think I need to speak on her looks at all,  all of the women in WWE are good looking.  Is that news? Most of the men are good looking too.  So what? 

A woman can't be my Stan Hansen? A woman can't be my KAWADA? Because why?  Because she's a woman?  Think before posting. 

• Like 1