DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Boss-Hug-Chair Connection - 9/2/2019

Overly Critical Man

A goddamn three-way dance next week. Heyman marks, you must be in heaven. 

...of course, they still had a fine match. That Uranage and then that Exploder were NASTY. Crowd was surprisingly subdued, but that might have been due to the pacing. 

Things I liked most about the beginning: Strowman flipping the table like it was made of paper and AJ doing that silly little jump in celebration that made me say out loud "What a goober!". 

Watching Bayley wallop Becky with a chair is akin to an American Girl doll beating up other toys under the Christmas tree. I should have heard shrieks of horror at the sight. Not only was she cheered, she was cheered while doing it to someone who they claim to love. Come on, folks, work with us a little!

Though if this doesn't result in Bayley stabbing one of her buddies, what's the point?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Watching Bayley wallop Becky with a chair is akin to an American Girl doll beating up other toys under the Christmas tree. I should have heard shrieks of horror at the sight. Not only was she cheered, she was cheered while doing it to someone who they claim to love. Come on, folks, work with us a little!

Though if this doesn't result in Bayley stabbing one of her buddies, what's the point?

I can maybe buy people cheering a heel turn against Nattie (someone fans hate due to personal irritation) but Becky's the biggest face in the company pretty much. Becky's whole deal is the Steve Austin template -- the woman who had to overcome a lot of odds to get to where she is, and did it by finding a deep well of confidence where she will spit in the face of anyone who gets in her way. Anyone who wants to get ahead by taking cheap shots and acting out of jealousy should be completely booed out of the ring. 

Instead, we get a YES! chant. 

Wrestling fans suck.

Just now, Greggulator said:

I can maybe buy people cheering a heel turn against Nattie (someone fans hate due to personal irritation) but Becky's the biggest face in the company pretty much. Becky's whole deal is the Steve Austin template -- the woman who had to overcome a lot of odds to get to where she is, and did it by finding a deep well of confidence where she will spit in the face of anyone who gets in her way. Anyone who wants to get ahead by taking cheap shots and acting out of jealousy should be completely booed out of the ring. 

Wrestling fans suck.

Wrestling fans in 2019 love ‘shocking’ moments and thus love heel turns. The dynamic helped Becky last year too, in honesty—as they rode the momentum and gave her a huge push. 

I’m curious how this affects the Bayley/Charlotte story.

Sasha has been an A+ since she returned and an even better act than she was in NXT. I loved her just leaning back, watching Bayley's turn unfold with an evil smirk on her face. And her holding Bayley's hand in triumph is also great. Just an evil, manipulative woman who lured her best friend into the darkside.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Did you see Rambling Rabbit? Rambling Rabbit held a Help sign and Bray moved him aside.

EDgasMnXYAAWHGv?format=jpg&name=small

I'd want help too after having been partially eaten by buzzard.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

The Seth/Braun vs. OC stuff was decent enough though it felt like a missed opportunity not having the Viking Raiders get involved after OC screwed up their chances at the tag titles lats week.

Nattie/Lacy was decent, but felt so weird due to how over Nattie is. Even her response in Canada is usually so-so and mixed so everyone behind her like that just felt off. Its not a bad thing, I'm just not used to it.

Thought both of the KOTR match were nice though ending to Joe/Ricochet just felt dumb. Was surprised Corbin/Cedric ended up the better match of the two, but that was pretty darn good.

Becky on the mic tonight was the weakest I can recall her being there in so long. Sasha was just solid, but she definitely won the battle of words tonight. Charly regularly being kind of bitch when putting people on the spot is something I continue to enjoy though I really do need Sasha or Bayley to smack her next time she tries that shit with them. I dug Sasha telling the blonde reporter to basically fuck off when she tried the same shit Charly did in a nicer manner.

It was nice to see the women get the main event though until the end it really felt like no one but Becky had the momentum for it. The match itself was pretty solid. I dug the Bayley heel turn. I like that they didn't just break Sasha and Bayley's friendship and instead opted for both of them turning. I have no idea what it means for SDL's women's division and Charlotte vs. Bayley, but it should help Bayley freshen up a decent bit after they pissed away the momentum she had originally form winning the title at MITB. Hopefully we get heel Bayley vs. Asuka & Kairi for the belt at some point. 

Also I think its kind of amusing and a little sad that every heel turn for the NXT Horsewomen this last year or so has gotten them cheered.

Edited by Eivion

6 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Wrestling fans suck.

Seems like that could be the basis of Bayley's turn explanation promo.

• Like 1