Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Elsalvajeloco

UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier (9/7/2019) - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (Yas Island, The Arena)

Recommended Posts

EA2VNdPXoAA2QsK.jpg?1564625306

UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier 
September 7, 2019
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (Yas Island, The Arena)

UFC Lightweight Championship: Khabib Nurmagomedov © (155) vs. Dustin Poirier (155) (second defense) - Nurmagomedov, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (2:06)
Edson Barboza (155.5) vs. Paul Felder (155) - Felder, DEC (split)
Islam Makhachev (155) vs. Davi Ramos (156) - Makhachev, DEC (unanimous)
Curtis Blaydes (251) vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov (257) - Blaydes, TKO (punches and elbows), R2 (2:22)
Mairbek Taisumov (156) vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira (156) - Ferreira, DEC (unanimous)

FX Preliminary Card:
Joanne Calderwood (126) vs. Andrea Lee (126) - Calderwood, DEC (split)
Zubaira Tukhugov (146) vs. Lerone Murphy (146) - DRAW (split)
Liana Jojua (134) vs. Sarah Moras (138)* - Moras, TKO (punches), R3 (2:26)
Ottman Azaitar (156) vs. Teemu Packalén (156) - Azaitar, KO (punch), R1 (3:33)   

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Belal Muhammad (170) vs. Takashi Sato (171) - Muhammad, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (1:55)
Nordine Taleb (170) vs. Muslim Salikhov (171) - Salikhov, KO (punch), R1 (4:26)
Omari Akhmedov (186) vs. Zak Cummings (185.5) - Akhmedov, DEC (unanimous)
Don Madge (155) vs. Fares Ziam (155) - Madge, DEC (unanimous)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Muslim Salikhov
Performance of the Night: Belal Muhammad
Performance of the Night: Ottman Azaitar
Performance of the Night: Khabib Nurmagomedov
 
Buyrate

Cancelled Fights
Don Madge vs. Magomed Mustafaev - Mustafaev Withdrew From Bout 
Adam Yandiev vs. Punahele Soriano - Injury to Yandiev (Knee) 
Khalid Taha vs. Bruno Da Silva - Bout Moved to Another Event 

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This card is so.fucking.good. What is the timing issue going to be like? Will it be starting in the wee hours of the morning in Abu Dhabi? 

Beyond the incredible main event, I'm most looking forward to the co-main and the Taisumov fight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oyaji said:

This card is so.fucking.good. What is the timing issue going to be like? Will it be starting in the wee hours of the morning in Abu Dhabi? 

Beyond the incredible main event, I'm most looking forward to the co-main and the Taisumov fight. 

PPV starts at 2 p.m. EST with the FX prelims being at 12 p.m. EST and the Fight Pass prelims at 10 a.m. EST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 7:53 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

PPV starts at 2 p.m. EST with the FX prelims being at 12 p.m. EST and the Fight Pass prelims at 10 a.m. EST.

Who thought that was a good idea in September? I would think that a good portion of you typical ppv audience will be watching college football instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Who thought that was a good idea in September? I would think that a good portion of you typical ppv audience will be watching college football instead. 

College football is a day long thing though. At some point, you're against college football whether it's the noon slate of games (hence why the prelims are on FX and not ESPN like usual or even ESPN2) or the primetime games on ESPN or ABC or Fox. Apparently, UFC is expected to do good business for this show in spite of that so it's not that big of an issue specifically for this show. Plus, with it being in Abu Dhabi, I'm safely assuming having it at their local time was a must. I mean Ruiz vs. Joshua II in Saudi Arabia is going head-to-head supposedly with the SEC Championship game and that's on a platform that isn't owned by Disney meaning 150% less marketing and advertising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very much looking forward to JOJO vs. Lee which could be Fight of the Night. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Very much looking forward to JOJO vs. Lee which could be Fight of the Night. 

This is a big fight for women's flyweight because if KGB wins it solidifies her as the number 1 contender. After that Carmouche fight, I bet the UFC wants to find the most entertaining style matchup for Valentina possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True. 

On 9/4/2019 at 12:19 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

College football is a day long thing though. At some point, you're against college football whether it's the noon slate of games (hence why the prelims are on FX and not ESPN like usual or even ESPN2) or the primetime games on ESPN or ABC or Fox. Apparently, UFC is expected to do good business for this show in spite of that so it's not that big of an issue specifically for this show. Plus, with it being in Abu Dhabi, I'm safely assuming having it at their local time was a must. I mean Ruiz vs. Joshua II in Saudi Arabia is going head-to-head supposedly with the SEC Championship game and that's on a platform that isn't owned by Disney meaning 150% less marketing and advertising.

Speaking of this. I did check if Bama vs. LSU is in primetime instead of an afternoon game then AEW Full Gear PPV goes head to head with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

True. 

Speaking of this. I did check if Bama vs. LSU is in primetime instead of an afternoon game then AEW Full Gear PPV goes head to head with it. 

I believe that one is afternoon. The only primetime game on the CBS slate is Notre Dame vs. UGA the week after next as part of a doubleheader. The other doubleheader would be 11/16, which would be a week after LSU vs. Bama. As far as I can see there wouldn't be a major game H2H against Full Gear even with no times listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...