DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Destruction in Beppu/Kagoshima/Kobe

sevendaughters

Never sure about these double/triple big shows but with a lot of stories and Young Lions Cup stuff, I think we could be in for a stacked end of year. I'm going to skip the multi-man tags in this list.

Destruction in Beppu, 15th September
- Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr., RPW British Heavyweight Championship
- Guerillas of Destruction (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) (c) vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI), IWGP Heavyweight Tag
- Shota Umino vs. Alex Coughlin (YL Cup)
- Yota Tsuji vs. Karl Fredericks (YL Cup)

noteworthy midcard stuff - Suzuki opposes Liger in a tag, DOUKI is back.

Destruction in Kagoshima, 16th September
- Kota Ibushi (holder) vs. KENTA, G1 briefcase
- Ren Narita vs. Michael 'Not Kramer' Richards (YL Cup)
- Yuya Uemura vs. Clark Connors (YL Cup)

Destruction in Kobe, 22nd September
- Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Jay White, IWGP Intercontinental
- Hirooki Goto vs. Shingo Takagi
- Ren Narita vs. Clark Connors (YL Cup)
- Shota Umino vs. Karl Fredericks (YL Cup)

Edited by sevendaughters

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

If KENTA is good to go.  I dont know why the hell they went another 10 minutes after getting his bell rung.

Because he told them to piss off? Who knows.

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Because he told them to piss off? Who knows.

From the video I've seen so far, I'd be genuinely amazed if KENTA knew his name, let alone if he could finish a match.

Coughlin chops are cringeworthy.   I don't think I've seen a chop that hard since Ronnie Garvin. 

The Fale Dojo guy looks like he doesn't belong compared to everyone else in the tourney, though I think he does some things well and could be good in a couple of years.

Edited by alstein

If you were looking to grade these Dojo’s, the LA Dojo right now is way ahead of everybody else. I don’t know who’s scouting these guys, but I’m surprised I haven’t heard any news about the WWE trying to get this talent scout yet.

Or most likely it’s Shibata’s training that has created this talent pool.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

If you were looking to grade these Dojo’s, the LA Dojo right now is way ahead of everybody else. I don’t know who’s scouting these guys, but I’m surprised I haven’t heard any news about the WWE trying to get this talent scout yet.

Or most likely it’s Shibata’s training that has created this talent pool.

Yes, I'm not watching  every single show but most of those guys seem like they can be something. The American guys have that WWE build and presence and they can work. They are far ahead then they'd be if they were in the PC. That's a good thing especially if you want to do business in the states.

• Like 2

So I gave up on WWE and been following New Japan for awhile. Still not completely immersed. 

Why the fuck are the Young Lions so fucking boring? I get that they are trainees but you’d think they would at least diversify. Give them some basis in other styles. Like it works sometimes like with Jay White. But other times when I tried watching Shouta, I honestly couldn’t get invested in something so basic. Like I see the foundation of what they are taught in guys Okada and Ishii but my issue is that it maybe afford some wrinkles aside from making a body slam more fanciful? Guy wants to be a highflier, let him at least try to learn and focus on high flying or do a head scissors takedown. Guy wants to do submission grappling, let him at least exhibit something other than a Boston crab. 

I get it. Maybe I’m not invested in the development of guys and it’s just not for me. But I really was looking forward to watching Shouta only to be bored to tears. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

So I gave up on WWE and been following New Japan for awhile. Still not completely immersed. 

Why the fuck are the Young Lions so fucking boring? I get that they are trainees but you’d think they would at least diversify. Give them some basis in other styles. Like it works sometimes like with Jay White. But other times when I tried watching Shouta, I honestly couldn’t get invested in something so basic. Like I see the foundation of what they are taught in guys Okada and Ishii but my issue is that it maybe afford some wrinkles aside from making a body slam more fanciful? Guy wants to be a highflier, let him at least try to learn and focus on high flying or do a head scissors takedown. Guy wants to do submission grappling, let him at least exhibit something other than a Boston crab. 

I get it. Maybe I’m not invested in the development of guys and it’s just not for me. But I really was looking forward to watching Shouta only to be bored to tears. 

They haven’t reached phase 2, where they start wearing colorful gear, and you start seeing what their actual style is. All black gear is how they start. I’ll admit, when it’s Young Lion Vs. Young Lion it isn’t the most exciting action. I’m reminded when JCP/NWA would have their jobbers work each other to fill time when I watch these matches. But when these guys are put up against established guys, you get a better premise in their early career matches.

Right now you have to watch this like an armchair booker. Scout the talent of these rookies, and imagine the potential.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs