DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - The Rest of the Regular Season

RIPPA

Pirates relievers Felipe Vazquez and Kyle Crick got in a clubhouse fight that ended with Crick having tendon damage in his finger that will end his season.

Reports are Vazquez threw the first punch

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The Dodgers 7th straight playoff appearance is the third longest in MLB history.

And one of the two streaks ahead of them has a big old asterisk with it

Yeah, there's zero chance they would've caught *trivia answer* that year. Also, Texas had the 8th worst record in baseball that year and "won" their division 

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Pirates relievers Felipe Vazquez and Kyle Crick got in a clubhouse fight that ended with Crick having tendon damage in his finger that will end his season.

Reports are Vazquez threw the first punch

Saw that yesterday and my first thought was, well, at least they're now starting fights with themselves. Good ol' Pirates.

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Saw that yesterday and my first thought was, well, at least they're now starting fights with themselves. Good ol' Pirates.

bobuecker.png

"The Pirates are showing signs of life for the first time this season..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Raziel said:

bobuecker.png

"The Pirates are showing signs of life for the first time this season..."

My thoughts exactly.

"Vazquez is hanging his left a little low. This could hurt him in the later rounds."

Also, can we blame this one on Hurdle being an asshole because blaming things on Hurdle being an asshole is fun.

• Like 2

So I don't come here much but found out just now about the Mets game last night. I don't follow them but it's pretty cool and kind of weird that on 9/11 they scored 9 HRs and 11 hits.  Given the day I can't help but smile seeing that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

The Brewers are coming for that Wild Card spot! Of course we will now get swept by the Cardinals.

Don't worry. The Cubs aren't going to do shit to stop em. This fucking team can barely win on the road. I really, really dislike major parts of this team. Maddon in particular needs to retire. It's like game 7 of the WS completely broke him. Last night he had Tony Kemp lead off. TONY KEMP. Fucking guy is barely above .200 for OBP I think.

Rich Hill made his return to the LAD rotation today. He got the first two hitters with the K on curveballs, and then lost his ability to locate completely. HBP, BB, HBP, BB before being removed. Tough row to hoe when you have nowhere to rehab except the back fields in AZ. Only MILB teams still playing are in playoff situations, and I can't imagine that the FO would want him getting starts for Ogden or Tulsa during their playoff series.

14 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Rich Hill made his return to the LAD rotation today. He got the first two hitters with the K on curveballs, and then lost his ability to locate completely. HBP, BB, HBP, BB before being removed. Tough row to hoe when you have nowhere to rehab except the back fields in AZ. Only MILB teams still playing are in playoff situations, and I can't imagine that the FO would want him getting starts for Ogden or Tulsa during their playoff series.

I dunno, the Yankees had Severino and Betances throwing in the Thunder's Eastern League Championship games.  Front offices honestly don't give a shit if their MiLB teams win titles, it's supposed to be for development, wins are gravy.  If your Minor tea is in the playoffs, it means you got somewhere to send people in Sept for rehab or a "get your shit together" game.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

I dunno, the Yankees had Severino and Betances throwing in the Thunder's Eastern League Championship games.  Front offices honestly don't give a shit if their MiLB teams win titles, it's supposed to be for development, wins are gravy.  If your Minor tea is in the playoffs, it means you got somewhere to send people in Sept for rehab or a "get your shit together" game.

It's not the championships at stake, it's the idea that LAD has been less willing to send anyone out on rehabs during playoff series the last few years. Alex Verdugo was with Ogden up until their regular season ended. Then he reported to Camelback and was trying to get healthy there. Most of the guys that would be in OKC if they were still playing are now in AZ at what they call the "stay-hot" camp. LAD seems to utilize their ST campus as a "get ready/ stay ready" kind of deal more than most other teams.

Anyway, it all means nothing. Turns out Hill strained his MCL in his left knee, that's what led to his losing command. Same injury as cost him a little bit of time at the beginning of the season.