DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - The Rest of the Regular Season

RIPPA

I was in San Diego for a vacation a week or so back and went to a game at Petco(the Friday Red sox game. with my mom, my brother and his wife. We were pretty high up on the third base side, but the view was awesome. That is a great classy park, and hopefully the Padres will have a team that deserves to play there some day.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That's what is amazing

The Os are 45-91 and are 4 games clear of the Tigers

The Tigers need Al Kaline and Norm Cash, yes I realize that Al is 85 years old and Norm is dead, but they're still a damn sight better than anyone on the current roster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That's what is amazing

The Os are 45-91 and are 4 games clear of the Tigers

The Tigers are working on their third 109+ loss season since I was in middle school. I mean, there was a nice but frustrating stretch of being just shy of the winning it all in between the 119 loss team and now, but still...

Edit: my memory is faulty. They "only" lost 109 in 1996.

Edited by Brian Fowler

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

The Tigers need Al Kaline and Norm Cash, yes I realize that Al is 85 years old and Norm is dead, but they're still a damn sight better than anyone on the current roster.

I'm pretty sure Norm could still beat Cabrera in a foot race. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

During LAD - COL, Joe Davis just got to talking about the usage of the MLB ball at the AAA level that started this year. 2018 in AAA there were 3600 HR. New ball in use for 2019, and there were 5700 HR.

Remind me again why the league is bitching about pace of play if the fucking ball they are using is jumping out of yards like that?

First pitch in LA was 5.10 PM, and it's 8.47 now and B7 just ended. Granted, LAD is up 16-6 and there was a 14 minute delay for an umpire changeover after Larry Vanover took a foul ball to the forearm, but goddamn. 

• Like 1

Ah, it is now September, time to revel in the glory of God's Own Team, the immortal Atlanta Braves, who are poised to win it all! 

BTW: Ronald Acuna jr. is 21, imagine what he will be like over the next couple of years as he gains a bit of muscle mass (which you tend to do in your early twenties). 70 HRs? Why the hell not?

Around midseason, fans around here were wondering if the Blues used up all of the good sports mojo...turned out not to be the case. Helps to be in a weak division this year, but Jack Flaherty has been lights out since the All-Star Break. Cardinals have as good a chance as anyone if they make the postseason.