DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, ben. said:

I had the honor of seeing El Hijo del Santo live on Sunday and filmed the match. This shot I thought was amazing. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1177705271717531648

He can still do his stuff well for a man that old. Helps that he's barely wrestled at all the past few years.

8 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

I don’t hate Michaels. But deep down, I relish seeing him get destroyed.

I have a very low opinion of SMichaels, but I cannot dispute his assets, one being that he was a great bumper. Another is that he was a very good babyface who became a super-effective heel*. I blame him for inspiring his posse of (mostly) charismatic pals (Hall, Nash, et al) to imitate HBK's habit of only giving a good show when they felt like it. 

don't get me started,

RAF

p.s. - I also like his taking-the-piss Hogan match and the Flair retirement match ("I'm sorry, I love you" is my rasslin' mostest guilty pleasure).

*Later, he was a crappy babyface and/or an ineffective heel, and justified to many workers the sloppy gimmick of the "cool heel", which is my Modern Era of Wrestling's bête noire,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ben. said:

I had the honor of seeing El Hijo del Santo live on Sunday and filmed the match. This shot I thought was amazing. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1177705271717531648

I have been making a List of the Best In-Ring Workers I Have Seen In-Ring, and EHDS was one of the first names down there. I worked on a card with him and met him before I saw work live and I will say this: the man is vertically challenged but in between those ropes he looks six+ feet tall. His ring work and pacing was so precise, so smooth, so clean, yet so snug and  technically correct whilst appearing larger than life: real but fantastical at the same time if you will. I have no doubt that he is just as amazing to watch since 90% of the important working stuff is about his experience, heart and knowledge.

- RAF

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AxB said:

I haven't seen this in a while, but here it is:

Vader & Mike Awesome vs. Samoa Joe & Dan Maff from JAPW.

Edited by Edwin