DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

13 hours ago, olythegreat89 said:

He could've seriously hurt someone in the first few rows! I don't think I've ever seen that "spot" used since.

It's a good thing for human kind then that those "people" in the line of fire were Philly-flavored ECW mutants who would have relished the idea of taking a chair to the mush (as long as it didn't crack their hoagie-eatin' tooth). Always try out your Danger Spots (TM) in front of the sub-normals.

reporting from Hostile City,

RAF

On the subject of craziness, this is the insane moonsault by ELP from the Junior Tag match in NJPW the other day. I couldn't believe it in the moment. You can see where the barrier is for reference, I don't think that bloke in the black T shirt expected to be in the line of fire.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Custos said:

Sabu craziness, inspired by his recently released autobiography.

giphy.gif

That match is fucking insane. I was so excited for it as a kid and then it was all just a bunch of "oh my back" and it quickly became very sad. Hayabusa in straight wrestling matches usually wasn't too great. I remember his singles match with Sasuke being a very long slog, same with TAKA. He was at his best as the smaller underdog against brawlers like Awesome and Gannosuke.

I recently watched Sabu v Abyss in a barbed wire match from 05 while high out of my mind and it was one of the most enjoyable experiences of watching wrestling in quite some time. Can't find a gif of Sabu's ridonk tope con giro over the barbed wire so this will have to do... 

UnnaturalArcticAlbacoretuna-small.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Custos said:

On the subject of craziness, this is the insane moonsault by ELP from the Junior Tag match in NJPW the other day. I couldn't believe it in the moment. You can see where the barrier is for reference, I don't think that bloke in the black T shirt expected to be in the line of fire.

God damn he got some distance on that, and it looked pretty too!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Custos said:

He did this at the J-Cup finals, through the timekeeper's table and gashed his head doing it. I am AMAZED the jacket doesn't have bloodstains.

On 9/20/2019 at 12:09 PM, olythegreat89 said:

He could've seriously hurt someone in the first few rows! I don't think I've ever seen that "spot" used since.

I think he may have done it again in the Hammerstein but was smart enough to shoot the chairs so they go down the entrance aisle.  For some reason i want to say it was a tajiri/whipwreck vs mamaluke/guido match.

We don't get enough Puerto Rican wrestling gifs in this thread.

That's about to change.

Carlos ColĂ³n shoot slaps Chicky Starr:

VB25F3L.gif

Slash Venom takes a nasty bump on the hardwood floor after Ricky Banderas throws him off a balcony and Slash overshoots the table below:

YJmROzc.gif

Edited by Edwin

Yeah, that was bad. He was out for some months and they then repackaged him as "el hombre de goma" -- "rubberman."

Edited by Edwin