DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, cool arrow said:

Is that Billy Black?  No idea he'd worked for ECW.

Worked a handful of shots in 1996 and was gone within a month, yeah. That was the last time he worked for anyone approximating a major group.

I will forever love that THAT was Sabu's last match in WCW. It really feels like the perfect storm of "yeah, this isnt working".

Sabu booked against what was a pure comedy gimmick at the time, a table that does not break, and Bischoff sounding like he is legit anxious and worried that Sabu is going to injure a fan during his off-camera but audible chair-throwing fit after wards.

1995 was pretty awesome guys. 

I always used gifyoutube.com to grab gifs off of youtube (just gifs.com). Because I can't always put software on the cpu I'm on and it's just always been easy. Sometime in the last six months they changed it so whenever you put in a youtube video, it thinks it's a live stream and has problems. Anyone else use the site and know what i'm doing wrong?

3 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

What would you call those shots Dory is throwing? It looks like an attempt at a European Uppercut only more hurty and without the full range.

It looks like he's going for forearm shots but it does have that European Uppercut vibe to it.  All I know is based off of that gif I really should get around to watching their Slamboree match.

1 hour ago, Happ Hazzard said:

It was a good-great match, Bockwinkel also had a great match with Billy Robinson a couple of years before that in UWFi.

"It's a knee, Robinson!"

This is fun. If I look half as good as Bock does when I hit 58 I'll be a happy happy man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1