DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

That whole match is an amazing disaster. They had to stop it due to G Raver almost dying due to taking a ladder/light bulb bump that cut open his arm something fierce. There is a go-fund-me-alike for his surgery.

This was not that bump, but still an insane stunt:

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Who is it? And what is that match? 

Takayuki Iizuka, subsequently known as Takashi Iizuka. It's him and Fujinami vs the Steiners. They fuck him right up:

Edited by AxB
Iizuka, not Iizuk,, How I hit comma instead of 'a' is a mystery to me
  • Like 1

I thought he broke his arm trying to do a Shooting Star Press while he was in SMW? Trillseekers wrestled the Heavenly Bodies and Jericho bled everywhere because he bladed left handed and went too deep.

Did he break it twice?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Takayuki Iizuka, subsequently known as Takashi Iizuka. It's him and Fujinami vs the Steiners. They fuck him right up:

Couple things

1. This is part of my early WCW blindspot, so -- this is part of a tag tournament IIRC, right? Or is this this just them bringing the NJ guys over at random? 

2. Steiners treated everybody like pieces of meat to tenderize. Fuckin' hell. It's no wonder Scott retired the flipping slam after not only collapsing Sid's lung but almost murdering himself there.

3. Jim Ross doing the call about "love or hate the Japanese, you've gotta respect 'em" was like Bill Watts' hand was reaching right up his ass to his jawline and working his mouth

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AxB said:

I thought he broke his arm trying to do a Shooting Star Press while he was in SMW? Trillseekers wrestled the Heavenly Bodies and Jericho bled everywhere because he bladed left handed and went too deep.

Did he break it twice?

There was something in his book where he did that spot and something went very wrong, and I remember it was against Gedo so it had to be that. I do remember his arm being broke in SMW cause I just watched that while digging through Gangstas interviews, but don't know if it was twice... somebody know? 

EDIT: I think it was maybe the fear that his arm got broke on the Gedo spot

Edited by Curt McGirt

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Couple things

1. This is part of my early WCW blindspot, so -- this is part of a tag tournament IIRC, right? Or is this this just them bringing the NJ guys over at random? 

Random guys to feed them. They also had a really hot match against Chono/Hase on Clash 15 that my uncle and cousin were completely losing their minds over when we watched it live.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Couple things

It was during the time WCW was working well with NJPW, and the Steiners were working regular tours.  This was a #1 Contenders match to the IWGP Tag Titles, so it did have a purpose beyond feeding dudes to the Steiners, it was setting up the June NJPW show where the Steiners went over Vader and Bigelow for the belts.

• Like 2