DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING PICTURE THREAD

RIPPA

So what is it about Bass Players that makes them successful in Wrestling? Because outside of Bass players who are also the lead singer, the only bassist who's the most famous person in his band is Nikki Sixx. But Hogan and Taker both play Bass, and are way more famous than lead guitarists like Maxx Payne and Elias, or lead singers like Road Dogg and Jeff Jarrett.

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Huh? Tommy Lee is the most famous member of Motley Crue by far. 

I was talking about musicians. He's a drummer.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

You mean Methods of Mayhem doesn't qualify him? You don't say...

I remember walking to Sam Goody the minute they opened so I could pick that cd up on release date. Nu-Metal had it's claws deep in junior high me. 

Edit: Just went into my cd's to dig it out. Forgot that Derek Hess did some artwork in the booklet. 

Edited by RazorbladeKiss87

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

This is way before my time, so have to ask, how did Lou become a Captain? 

He worked his way up the Sicilian mob doing things I'm not at liberty to speak of. Don't ask, don't tell.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Okay, you jokers

Lou attended Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains, New York, where he competed in track and field, and finally rose to the position of captain of the football team. It was this rank that later inspired his wrestling moniker, "Captain" Lou Albano.[8]

More fun facts:

Albano was originally seen as a "pretty boy," and wrestled as the babyface "Leaping Lou Albano." After a non-wrestling injury caused a gash on his forehead, he purposefully did not allow the scar to heal, and the minor disfigurement allowed him to turn heel. Now billed as the "Mount Vernon Mauler," and occasionally a pirate

In Chicago, Tony Accardo and two associates "requested" that Albano and Altomare cease using the word "mafia."

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1