DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING PICTURE THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Raven's WWF run is low key pretty good. He was working his ass off the whole time. Dude seemed extra motivated. 

This. The WWF Hardcore Championship run and matches. The latter vs. Kane vs. Big Show at WrestleMania X-Seven and the Match of the Night with Rhyno at Backlash 2001.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Match of the Night with Rhyno at Backlash 2001.

Just watched this one, based on your comment. Hardcore Title matches are probably my least favorite "popular" WWF match. But this one was pretty damned awesome. Rhyno bumped like a fiend. They made creative use of the ring steps and the shopping cart. (seriously, someone needs to GIF that spot where Rhyno gores himself into the cart) Plus, both dudes rocking that sweet sweet facial hair. 

So many unprotected headshots, though. ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

Just watched this one, based on your comment. Hardcore Title matches are probably my least favorite "popular" WWF match. But this one was pretty damned awesome. Rhyno bumped like a fiend. They made creative use of the ring steps and the shopping cart. (seriously, someone needs to GIF that spot where Rhyno gores himself into the cart) Plus, both dudes rocking that sweet sweet facial hair. 

So many unprotected headshots, though. ?

Rhyno-Gore-Shopping-Trolley-Backlash-200

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm gonna need to go back and watch their Unbreakable 2005 title bout. How will it compare to one of the best WWE Hardcore title matches ever? My prediction: Unfavourably! 

Yeah, it's not as good. Fair play to TNA booking the X Division Championship as the main event: AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels. Best Triple Threat match I've seen.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Yeah, it's not as good. Fair play to TNA booking the X Division Championship as the main event: AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels. Best Triple Threat match I've seen.

Agreed, probably one of the best triple threats ever. I'd call it pivotal too because it was one of the matches that broke out from the TNA orbit and got people to take notice of the company for the first time, at least in my neck of the woods. I knew Daniels from being Curry Man and AJ and Joe a little, mostly by rep, but to see that all come together was one of the reasons I didn't give up on wrestling entirely when I wasn't watching regularly.

Side note: making a top 10 of triple threats would be tough. So many of them are the same. The above match, Wresltemania 35 main event (bad finish or not, it ruled), and Wrestlemania 30 main event are the only ones that stick out to me.

Edit: I remember Cena/Rollins/Lesnar from Royal Rumble 2015 being rad too but it's been a while.

Edited by Godfrey
  • Like 1