DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING PICTURE THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I didn’t even realize maxim was still published.

I think it's dead everywhere except Australia. But that's an Australian edition, so...

Is there a better late-career renaissance/reinvention than Mutoh in 2001? I remember watching some of the stuff he did with Vampiro in WCW and completely writing him off as a shell of himself back then, then this happened and every indie wrestler across the globe started throwing a billion Shining Wizard's

66f36af5f47c9edf0fe6111f6b0f0301f50bbb72

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

Is there a better late-career renaissance/reinvention than Mutoh in 2001? I remember watching some of the stuff he did with Vampiro in WCW and completely writing him off as a shell of himself back then, then this happened and every indie wrestler across the globe started throwing a billion Shining Wizard's

lR6MT3F.jpg

Hell of a comeback by Keiji Mutoh changing his look going bald with goatee, the graffiti tights and the Shining Wizard. That move's had longevity with people using it or variants. 

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

Members
WCW
The Master (1995)
The Taskmaster (1995-1997) [8]
Kamala (1995)
The Shark (1995-1996)
The Zodiac (1995-1996)
Big Van Vader (1995)
The Giant (1995-1996)
Meng (1995-1997)
The Yeti (1995) (The Dungeon's insurance policy)
The Barbarian (1996-1997)
Non Members but associated with the Dungeon

Lex Luger (1995-1996)
Jimmy Hart (manager) (1995-1997)
Glacier (The Taskmaster's Bodyguard 1996-1997)
Hugh Morrus (1995-1997)
Maxx (1996-1997)
Big Bubba (1996)
Braun The Leprechaun (1996)
One Man Gang (1996)
Konnan (1996-1997)
Jacqueline (valet) (1997)
Loch Ness (1996)
Z-Gangsta (1996)
The Ultimate Solution (1996)

It's shit like this that makes me wish that all the WCW B and C shows were on the network. I'd love to go back and watch it all unfold again. And not just this stuff, but all the other silly shit, like Men At Work getting beat up, or being told that State Patrol was a viable threat to the WCW Tag titles. I know that Saturday Night was the main outlet for all of this before Nitro, but I seem to remember some fun stuff on Pro and Worldwide as well.

Edited by grilledcheese

2 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

It's shit like this that makes me wish that all the WCW B and C shows were on the network. I'd love to go back and watch it all unfold again. And not just this stuff, but all the other silly shit, like Men At Work getting beat up, or being told that State Patrol was a viable threat to the WCW Tag titles. I know that Saturday Night was the main outlet for all of this before Nitro, but I seem to remember some fun stuff on Pro and Worldwide as well.

I've been doing a deep dive on MonsoonClassic's channel on YouTube and there's a lot of WCW C-Show gold in there, ranging from 89 all the way up to the end. It's not in a particular order, but it's still a lot of fun. Seeing the team of Frankie Lancaster and Mark Starr getting their own jobber match is a trip.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

To be fair, it's only a mid-career renaissance. He was only about 16 years in at the time. I lost a bet on which SoCal wrestler would be the first to start using the Shining Wizard at the time. I picked B-Boy, but it ended up being Excalibur instead.

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I've been doing a deep dive on MonsoonClassic's channel on YouTube and there's a lot of WCW C-Show gold in there, ranging from 89 all the way up to the end. It's not in a particular order, but it's still a lot of fun. Seeing the team of Frankie Lancaster and Mark Starr getting their own jobber match is a trip.

Thank you for this. I was vaguely aware of the channel, but I have never looked at it carefully. Dude is super-organized with his clips into playlists. 

I look forward to my own deep dive. 

• Like 1