DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Excuse me thats a non-canonical Lou Reed album sir

You are correct but that may be the only song I remember from that album.  I have it somewhere but could only make it halfway through, may need to give it another listen.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'd love to tell Corbin he has X-Pac heat with me though.

I'd like to tell Corbin my burger was undercooked, the fries were cold when they came out, my drink was made wrong, and my waiter or waitress is completely unattentive.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You don't ask that to the fry cook though, they just go bug the bar waitress for a full cup of Beefeater and go out back for a smoke instead

Can confirm. I was a line cook at Olive Garden in college. We would sometimes trade the bartenders free food for Jack and Cokes. Nothing like being half drunk while working with hot oil, fire, and boiling water. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

So what's the deal with Ronda, anyway? Is she done? Or holding out to get the rest of her MMA friends jobs? 

She's trying to have a baby with her husband.  She could come back at any time as she isn't hurt and is in very good graces with WWE.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

She's trying to have a baby with her husband.  She could come back at any time as she isn't hurt and is in very good graces with WWE.  

Okay, that's good to know. I wish her luck in her breeding attempts, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want her back on my TV. 

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Folks were pointing out that that trademark is specifically because people were spelling it wrong.

The issue is that there doesnt seem to be a trademark on Io

I'd assume the reason would make the most sense for the trademark:

The lowercase and capital look alike.

The capital and lowercase look alike.

Therefore, if you don't trademark Lo Shirai as well, then technically some scheming promoter trying to do the fake wrestler gimmick for their mudshow card  could say "Okay, your new name is Lo Shirai...but you like to make your name in all lowercase like e.e.cummings or k.d. lang do", and suddenly they get "lo shirai' on the marquee.

4 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

It's not from that movie where the woman (Eva Green?) clones her dead husband (Matt Smith?), gives birth to him, and then falls in love when he grows up, is it? 

Nope. 

Keep it coming with the wrong guesses people, this will be fun! (For the initiated DON'T GIVE IT AWAY)

5 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

It's not from that movie where the woman (Eva Green?) clones her dead husband (Matt Smith?), gives birth to him, and then falls in love when he grows up, is it? 

It's the final scene of The Omen.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Nope. 

Keep it coming with the wrong guesses people, this will be fun! (For the initiated DON'T GIVE IT AWAY)

Curt - you are actively trying to get me to ban you