DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Raziel said:

Rollins, either acting like Becky, or just being his usual "can't use social media" self took a possibly over the top "talent in the same company shouldn't be taking these shots" on Sasha.  I'm assuming that the deactivating the Account instead of deleting/apoligizing amounted to "STANS ATTACK!!!!"  Because imagine a thousand Niners slipping into your DM's.

Wow, I didn't know that Vince McMahon had thousands of secret Twitter accounts and decided to give Rollins a really bad day as one of his ribs!  

40 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

This could set a recent record for being discussed in 3 different threads. ? 

Without looking - here, ROH and General Lucha

So in theory - someone could post it in the AEW thread too

• Haha 1

Considering everyone is gonna blame Vince I am putting this here. Basically the New Japan show tonight in NY got sabotaged

It was announced live in the venue there would be a delay starting due to a logistical issue.  We are told that the ambulance required by the New York State Athletic Commission to be on hand is stuck in NYC traffic.  Once it arrives, they will begin the show.

Live in the venue, they are airing clips of matches on the screen.  The crowd is starting to get a little restless.

7:32 PM Update - They are still waiting on the ambulance.    Cameramen are taking their place around ringside.  It appears they are no closer to starting.

7:57 PM Update - New Japan's Vice President and Rocky Romero came out and apologized to the crowd for the "technical issues."  They tossed t-shirts to the crowd.  Romero asked the fans to bear with them and promised to rock NYC with tonight's.

Based on numerous sources, here is the problem.  The ambulance company that the Hammerstein Ballroom uses for all their events (and used last night for a concert) did not show up as scheduled.  The belief originally was that the ambulance was stuck in traffic, but when the venue called the ambulance company to check up on their status, they were told that the ambulance company received a phone call this morning telling them tonight's show was canceled and therefore they were not needed - and were now not available.  Someone involved in the show was able to scramble and get a FDNY ambulance to come to the show and FDNY offered to help and remain until the show could get another ambulance to take their place, so that New Japan could star holding matches.  However, we are told that New York State rules would not allow that and everyone is working on getting another ambulance there.  The Commission does not allow matches to take place unless there are EMTs with an ambulance present at the venue.    As you can imagine, everyone working the show is beyond stressed at the moment.

8:14 PM - The ambulance just arrived at the front of the venue.  Once they are parked behind the building and EMTs are stationed in the venue, the show will be allowed to begin. 

It is the Commission who are holding up the show.  They have also given very strict rules for tonight.  No chairs, no tables, no blood, no whipping into the guard rails, no fighting in the crowd.

• Like 1

I havent seen anyone blaming Vince and WWE, if anything the few COMPLETE SPECULATION THAT IS NOT CONFIRMED posts I have seen have been jokingly mentioning ROH and Bubba Ray Dudley.

Either way, if the phone call cancellation is the real story, how the fuck does the ambulance company not double check their listed venue contacts to confirm the cancellation? I work for a print media company and if someone wants to cancel their advertising we dont accept those calls from anyone that's not listed on the contacts that company or business has given us. 

I said this elsewhere, but this whole WWE vs AEW prime time television war is on the verge of looking like a benign slapfight compared to what else has gone on so far this weekend. 

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Somebody definitely fucked them over, that’s for sure.

Bix with a very shrewd observation: what parties would've had direct knowledge of how the venue handles those type of things?

4 hours ago, sabremike said:

Bix with a very shrewd observation: what parties would've had direct knowledge of how the venue handles those type of things?

Oh I’m definitely looking at one company with a huge stink eye. That being the one employing a “Bully”. WWE has run it in the past though, but New Japan’s recent splitting off from ROH for these tours might’ve created vendetta that can’t be ignored.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh I’m definitely looking at one company with a huge stink eye. That being the one employing a “Bully”. WWE has run it in the past though, but New Japan’s recent splitting off from ROH for these tours might’ve created vendetta that can’t be ignored.

d5sno37-730b5fbe-7cf5-4164-a012-7cf424a8

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Which of course takes us one step closer to AEW and NJPW buddying up right?

I want to see this, just so the people that hate The Elite can have their heads explode due to the stress.

• Like 2

Or it could be a rogue company mark(pick a company) that did this, and knew about the way wrestling shows are run. Regardless, wrestling companies are now fully aware of this shady tactic, and hopefully New Japan’s representatives will make sure this situation never happens again. 

Saw a little of the show today. Goddamnit, Ricky Morton is still the man. Greatest worker ever. He would’ve been a top singles star if his looks didn’t age like cottage cheese. That’s kind of on him though for not updating his look, and getting into tv shape.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs