DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

13 hours ago, Edwin said:

BRUH

Leon is gonna be on SmackDown next week.

My wife was at that event last night.  I was just on the phone with her and she was talking about seeing Titus and I scroll down and see this.  Lol.

Apparently, he was hitting on my wife's co-worker pretty hard at this thing.

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Poor Tom Phillips 

I like Tom Phillips as a play by play guy but he unfortunately wasn't able to control the two bickering children in Graves and Saxton and he suffered for it.  At least Cole would come back when Corey would try that shit on Renee Young.  Phillips kind of wilted and let wimpy Saxton take the punishment.

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Multiple reports saying Johnny Impact/Nitro/Hennighan/Morrison/Mundo  has signed with WWE 

I think that's for the best. He's still good in the ring and an awesome dirtbag character but he didn't fit what AEW is trying to present. Best of luck to him.

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Poor Tom Phillips 

Must be choking back the tears.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Johnny Luchathing, dammit! should be his name.

Are they giving Lawler the Raw gig because they want to make sure he doesn't jump promotions and reunite with Ross? 

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

Johnny Luchathing, dammit! should be his name.

I'd suggest "Johnny Goodluchathing" but that might get him heat with Moxley.

Spoiler

Mox' real name is Jonathan Good.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'd suggest "Johnny Goodluchathing" but that might get him heat with Moxley.

Reveal hidden contents

Mox' real name is Jonathan Good.

Just put a B in between first and last name and that's a helluva 50s gimmick right there.  Can you imagine him doing that while starting out?  That would be wild to see if only for the before and after pics.

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I think that's for the best. He's still good in the ring and an awesome dirtbag character but he didn't fit what AEW is trying to present. Best of luck to him.

Must be choking back the tears.

Well played on that last part. 

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Just put a B in between first and last name and that's a helluva 50s gimmick right there.  Can you imagine him doing that while starting out?  That would be wild to see if only for the before and after pics.

Given Les Thatcher's track record of goofy gimmicks(Bennie the Bookie, Ice Cream Man, Surfer, Taxi Driver, the paperboy Rapid Delivery Rory Fox) it's surprising he didn't go with something like that with his shoot name. Not that being a goof running around tossing a nerf football as part of Unnecessary Roughness was that much better, but still.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Pamela Anderson papered over the cracks of what was a woeful 95 Rumble card.

And a bonus Tommy Lee / Shawn fight.

The random celebrities that showed up at early Manias deserve special mention for just how surreal some were.  My pick goes to Clara Peller as "guest timekeeper".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

The random celebrities that showed up at early Manias deserve special mention for just how surreal some were.  My pick goes to Clara Peller as "guest timekeeper".

I'll go with Ozzy in the British Bulldogs corner at WM2. I wonder who did more coke that night, Ozzy or Dynamite Kid?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3