DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

To be fair,  she was a solid manager.   I was hoping they'd have her recruit more crazies like Nikki and leave the wrestling to the wrestlers. 

Bliss is a wrestler. Get the fuck outta here with that shit, man. You may think she's a shitty wrestler if you want, I'd argue that if I fucking gave a shit beyond this post, but she's a wrestler. Don't be one of those people. Those people are sick and deserve pity.

And the quality started improving when Nikki Cross started being on TV every week, as far as my tastes go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

You may think she's a shitty wrestler if you want, I'd argue that if I fucking gave a shit beyond this post, but she's a wrestler.

I don't think she's very good but if someone wants to point to a few matches I could go back and watch then I'd give it a shot. I can't think of a match off the top of my head right now that I can point to and say "right there...  that's a great performance." 

Also,  chill with the personal attacks,  I don't attack anyone on here ever,  I will debate and argue but I never get personal.  I like everyone here and respect your opinions even if I don't agree with them. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I don’t attack anyone. Also, everyone who disagrees with me is an Alexa stan. What a wild ride. 

What other conclusion could one reach on that? 

"Botcha" nickname,  supposedly having malicious intent with her co-workers,  running with Satin's reporting and looking the other way when the people there said these rumors were untrue, etc?  That is way more ridiculous than me saying Alexa Bliss isn't very good in the ring and anytime anyone says anything negative about Alexa Bliss you and Drew and a couple others come running to the defense much like you accuse me of doing when people are constantly crapping on Sasha.  It goes both ways and I didn't start this at all,   it was another page of people shitting on Sasha for... reasons..  well before I came in here and posted anything. lol

TL; DR 

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So you didn’t attack anyone or you believe you were justified in your attacks?

You can treat that as rhetorical. I already know the answer. 

Concluding that someone is a super fan of a wrestler is an attack?  In what sense?  Dolfan changed my title to We Stan the Boss.  I laughed when I read it and I think Dolfan is awesome. I didn't look at it as a negative at all,  I'm a fan and that's fine and if people want to pick little arguments with me about pro wrestling that's fine too. 

Or should I have been upset? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Concluding that someone is a super fan of a wrestler is an attack?  In what sense? 

You're using it to impugn the motivations of anyone who disagrees with you about Sasha and dismiss their perspective. So I think it's fair to assume you didn't mean it in a nice way. 

But you've done your duty and reacted to some cheap jokes about Sasha like someone lit your personal Bat Signal. So... mischief managed? I guess? 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

No, I don't agree with that. Like I said,  I didn't see it as an attack on me when Dolfan changed my title,  I thought it was good stuff.  I don't mean this as an attack on you or Drew or whoever else are fans of Alexa Bliss but if I ask something about what would be Bliss matches to seek out and why..you just want to dive into other things unrelated to the topic but it's cool,   we don't have to discuss that. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No, I don't agree with that. Like I said,  I didn't see it as an attack on me when Dolfan changed my title,  I thought it was good stuff.  I don't mean this as an attack on you or Drew or whoever else are fans of Alexa Bliss but if I ask something about what would be Bliss matches to seek out and why..you just want to dive into other things unrelated to the topic but it's cool,   we don't have to discuss that. 

a) Context matters. Your feelings about one instance of the word being used to describe you are inconsequential. 

b) I'm not sticking up for Alexa. I'm not offering any opinion of her. Stop trying to put me in the tiny little box that makes sense for you. 

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Ok. Remember in Tombstone when Wyatt said "Get to fightin' or get away."  

And it’s the other people who are being hostile?

As I recall it, if I ever offered an opinion comparing Sasha and Alexa, it would be to say that there are merits by which this particular employer assesses performance which would explain why Alexa has been so successful. However that landed in your mind seems to have caused you some deep misunderstanding, so my apologies. Beyond that, I don’t have much of a take on Alexa beyond she’s in an entertaining tag team at the moment. Feel free to keep taking past me though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

if I ever offered an opinion comparing Sasha and Alexa, it would be to say that there are merits by which this particular employer assesses performance which would explain why Alexa has been so successful. However that landed in your mind seems to have caused you some deep misunderstanding, so my apologies.

Okay, you don't want to offer an opinion on in-ring at this time and that's what I have been discussing so we're cool on that.  

• Like 1

YEEEEES

Canseco made his MMA debut some years ago with DREAM in Japan against Hong Man Choi. He walked out with a baseball bat in a black gi with a black belt and got squashed in under a minute so he'd fit right into pro-wres.

8 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

Next female wrestler topic: I like Naomi. Anyone want to argue with me? Afterwards we can find common ground and grow closer as friends.

I've long believed Naomi could be just as popular as the 4HW or Alexa if pushed the same way. She's become a very good wrestler, has an cool moveset, with an inclusive gimmick that can potentially make lots of money. She's no worse on the mic than 3 of the 5 women previously mentioned. WWE doesn't see her as being worthy of promotion, and it's too bad.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Edwin said:

YEEEEES

Canseco made his MMA debut some years ago with DREAM in Japan against Hong Man Choi. He walked out with a baseball bat in a black gi with a black belt and got squashed in under a minute so he'd fit right into pro-wres.

I would hope by Wrestlemania weekend somebody has him booked against Nick Gage.  That would be well worth the price of admission.

46 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I've long believed Naomi could be just as popular as the 4HW or Alexa if pushed the same way. She's become a very good wrestler, has an cool moveset, with an inclusive gimmick that can potentially make lots of money. She's no worse on the mic than 3 of the 5 women previously mentioned. WWE doesn't see her as being worthy of promotion, and it's too bad.

I thought they had pushed her for a bit but isn't she somewhat being punished for her DUI a few months back?

Naomi has no DUIs. She drove on a one-way street in the wrong direction, but she wasn't drunk and wasn't arrested. Both Usos have a DUI under their belt, but neither stem from Naomi's traffic violation.

WWE's way of pushing Naomi was to have her carry Lana for months, then drop the title to an ice-cold Natalya at SummerSlam 2017. She won the first-ever Women's Battle Royal at WM 34, but they did nothing with it.

• Like 3

Their non-use of Naomi is pretty much bullshit. She should be featured more.

As for her traffic violation, I think it was Fowler who brought it up, but apparently all of the one-way streets in Detroit are really confusing. If her husband didn't start acting like an idiot, we would have never even known about it in the first place.