DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

With Impact announcing that it is moving to Tuesdays - here is your updated schedule

• Monday - RAW
  • Tuesday - IMPACT
  • Wednesday - AEW "Dynamite"/NXT
  • Thursday - Open
  • Friday - Smackdown Live

Ring of Honor will continue to air half preempted at 1 AM on a Sinclair channel near you

For here the new episode airs at 10pm on Saturdays.  So if you add in WWE PPVs on Sundays then it's now an almost full week of wrestling here.  That's pretty damn cool.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

With Impact announcing that it is moving to Tuesdays - here is your updated schedule

• Monday - RAW
  • Tuesday - IMPACT
  • Wednesday - AEW "Dynamite"/NXT
  • Thursday - Open
  • Friday - Smackdown Live

Ring of Honor will continue to air half preempted at 1 AM on a Sinclair channel near you

Toss in NJPW and WOW on Saturdays.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Perfect... Becky loves those. 

WAKA WAKA!

1 hour ago, FluffSnackwell said:

If one performer is the recipient of 90 percent of the potatoes suffered by members of that division, doesn't that make her Mrs. Potato Head? 

If you add up the complete compendium of every Seinfeld clip ever posted, do you have enough for a full season, or just a couple of episodes?

Meltzer said that people in attendance said the post RAW stuff came off really poorly because when the lights go out (which you see right at the end), they didn't go dark enough so everyone saw Bray get up and run to the back.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Also, sarcasm doesn't work in typeface. Anything you type can and will be taken seriously. Unless you go to the extent of, like [sarcasm] Boris Johnson is really doing a great job as Prime Minister[/sarcasm].

at a forum i used to post at, the handful of us would type in green when we were being sarcastic. which was most of the time. but it did tend to work well. really well.

3 minutes ago, twiztor said:

at a forum i used to post at, the handful of us would type in green when we were being sarcastic. which was most of the time. but it did tend to work well. really well.

That only works if you are using the dark background.

On the default white theme - it looks like an old DVDVR issue

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Fuck Hulk Hogan be mine ;).

I'd be careful with that. They might put "Would gladly" in front of it.

Nobody has "Wrestling Fan" as a custom title, do they? Someone should. We could blame them for EVERYTHING~!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/23/2019 at 6:08 AM, joseph2112 said:

I think the long and the short of it is the most of WWE mainstream programming is just bad TV. The only people left watching it are those that love wrestling, and the cool stuff wrestlers do is it. If there was a show on tv with as many terrible story lines and fake characters with horribly scripted lines as Raw that wasn't pro wrestling it would be cancelled in two minutes because nobody would watch it.

Nah it would thrive. Look at all the shit reality shows that have storylines and acting as bad if not worst than WWE.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's no surprise the in-ring quality of the RAW women's division drastically improved once Sasha returned.   

Like night, and day.

Its nice that Alexa stuck around, and was a trooper, but you can’t build an entire division around a Virgil/Vincent level wrestler.

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Like night, and day.

Its nice that Alexa stuck around, and was a trooper, but you can’t build an entire division around a Virgil/Vincent level wrestler.

To be fair,  she was a solid manager.   I was hoping they'd have her recruit more crazies like Nikki and leave the wrestling to the wrestlers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Until Anthem announces exactly what they are doing - I don't trust this

Pretty sure the press release said WOW will continue to air as normal, and they're going to tape the back half of S2 this month/next month or something to that effect. Didn't really mention New Japan, and from what Money Meltzer says, tapes haven't been sent to the AXS/Anthem offices for anything past Royal Quest so far.