DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 9/18/2019 at 5:43 PM, AxB said:

I haven't been watching New Japan, but Jay White seems to have gone from being an overpushed nobody to being a solid gold main event wrestling genius in the space of nine months. Is that right, or is it just that one guy on the board really digs him, and everyone else finds him unexceptional?

Yes, I've seen alot more of his matches over this Summer, I haven't seen much of his work before the G1 but I  agree. The reaction wasn't good around hear when he won the title. He was seemingly in Omega spot, people was going to shit on him anyway but he's ready for that spot now. He Reminds me of Roman, once he got in the main event spot he felt like he belonged even though the booking of him was not good at all.

4 hours ago, D.Z said:

WWE trademarked "The Bump" for the use of a new wrestling show. Might be for the studio show but After the bell might be it instead. So maybe new name for c show Main Event?

The Bump should've been Razor Ramon's own weekly segment on Superstars like Brother Love, The Barbershop, The Funeral Parlor, and The Snake Pit. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Oh, I was super wrong -- this isn't a Triplemania replay it's just some of the same shit on the New York show that got nobody buying it or showing up at all. But Demus showed up, so there was that. 

Don't expect Wagner to bleed for you in other words

EDIT: And I was so stupid that the whole time I was watching it (at random) I did not notice it didn't even have the same ring as the actual Triplemania. Goddammit.

And now they are playing Impact so whatever

Edited by Curt McGirt

Jim Cornette created AEW (hahahaha)

"Thanks AEW for speeding up the process"

"Shout out to my bix hes a gang member MDK certified"

"Cleaner I got this"

All happened this week.

Edited by Edwin

WWE likes uniformity. But uniformity leads to boredom and apathy. Watch some non WWE wrestling for a change and see if that gets your juices flowing at all. There's lots of good stuff in the matches threads on this board. They had been a little slow for a while, but then Dean started posting in them, and that perked everything right up.

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

"Shout out to my bix hes a gang member MDK certified"

Nick Gage's tag team with Thomas Santell is called NDK. Nerder Death Kill. Turns out, he was just warming up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Iron Moose said:

Are there any (or have there been any) tag teams where the big guy does the flips and the small guy is the angry brawling one?

Sort of... Neidhart was the fast power guy of the Hart Foundation, and Bret was a technical guy, but on his best days he liked to punch like a Memphis babyface. PCO was a big guy with hops for The Quebecers.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs