DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I am just gonna put this stuff here now and let the SDL to Fox thread fade away

The planned FOX Sports 1 WWE talk show will be taped weekly from FOX’s studios in Los Angeles, according to PWInsider.com.

The current plan is to have a panel discussing WWE issues with Renee Young as the lead host for the series.

The word within WWE is that Cathy Kelly will also be working on that FS1 series and splitting her time between FOX and NXT going forward with McKenzie Mitchell taking over her old job as host of WWE Now which is filmed at WWE HQ in Connecticut.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Would probably let he be home/with Mox more, too, since she's based in Vegas and that's a fairly easy trip...

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

That honestly sounds on paper as terrible as the pre-show stuff, or that fake PTI they had for a bit. The only time this ever worked was when Bobby Heenan, and Mr. Perfect were the heels on the fake debate version of Prime Time.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Wait, so they're taking Renee off of commentary? If Vic Joseph is really going to be the lead commentator on RAW, who's going to be his second? I thought the rumor was Corey Graves and Michael Cole to Smackdown. If this leads to Booker T getting his spot back, I'm swearing off WWE for good, since that'll be a person on commentary on each show that I can't stand to listen to (Booker and Graves).

They should just leave Renee on RAW, and have McKenzie Mitchell hosting that FS1 show, or Cathy Kelley being the lead "anchor" or whatever.

• Like 1

Vic Joseph is a huge improvement over Corey so him on Raw with competent announcers is all good with me.

Changing topics a tad I was helping the CIO at my work with a computer issue and saw he had a Kevin  Owens figure.  Of course I asked and it turns out he a wrestling fan.  He grew up watching from the 70s on and still sees Raw.  But what's funny is he doesn't watch live and saves it for the weekend due to being disenchanted with certain things going on.  So we talked a bit and I pivoted the conversation to AEW.  The more he found out the more he seems interested in seeing what they have.

Long story short it's a really small world and it's kind of neat finding out something like this.  Maybe I'll bring over a couple Pop Vinyls after all to work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Wait, so they're taking Renee off of commentary? If Vic Joseph is really going to be the lead commentator on RAW, who's going to be his second? I thought the rumor was Corey Graves and Michael Cole to Smackdown. If this leads to Booker T getting his spot back, I'm swearing off WWE for good, since that'll be a person on commentary on each show that I can't stand to listen to (Booker and Graves).

They should just leave Renee on RAW, and have McKenzie Mitchell hosting that FS1 show, or Cathy Kelley being the lead "anchor" or whatever.

I don't think they are

I think people are jumping to a conclusion that isn't there

In fact - I remember Meltzer saying a week or two ago that being on the FS1 show just meant it was more likely Renee was moved to the SDL side

8 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That honestly sounds on paper as terrible as the pre-show stuff, or that fake PTI they had for a bit. The only time this ever worked was when Bobby Heenan, and Mr. Perfect were the heels on the fake debate version of Prime Time.

How dare you besmirch Talking Smack!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Starrcade is a one hour special again

So part of the Dec 1 Duluth, GA house show will be aired

Are we still thanking AEW?

No. It's live this year we are slowly working towards a live 2, 2 1/2, 3 hour live special. Vince is a stubborn old man.

I didn't think that site even knew about Koji Kitao so that's news to me.  Watching the match I forgot about their "feud" so I just though since Sasha missed she was finding a way to attack Alexa.  Didn't seem that strange to me though viewing it again it does look like it had some hate behind it.

Hoo Boy...

EDIT: This coincides with the report that Cole/Graves would be the SDL crew (and also go with the folks who think Renee won't be doing commentary due to the FS1 show)

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Sasha Banks/Alexa Bliss feud continuation? 

https://whatculture.com/wwe/backstage-news-on-heat-among-wwe-womens-division

EErITnOUYAA-i9r.jpg

The two don't like each other. 

Listen, I haven’t been watching the WWE, but I have been reading lots of positive buzz about the ladies these days, more than any other time in recent times. This has been that way since Sasha returned. 

I wonder why, Bliss fans? I wonder why?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

In any group of Wrestlers catching a dive, there's usually one who actually catches them, and everyone else just pushes off the diver and falls down. Except sometimes nobody actually does the catch, the divers eats shit straight to the floor, and everyone does the limp slap and die.

The more wrestlers in the crowd you're dicing onto, the greater the chance they all leave it to each other. Just aim for the biggest one and hope they aren't too injured.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hoo Boy...

EDIT: This coincides with the report that Cole/Graves would be the SDL crew (and also go with the folks who think Renee won't be doing commentary due to the FS1 show)

So they're finally giving up on Brennan Williams as a wrestler?

17 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Listen, I haven’t been watching the WWE, but I have been reading lots of positive buzz about the ladies these days, more than any other time in recent times. This has been that way since Sasha returned. 

I wonder why, Bliss fans? I wonder why?

SweetJesus.jpg

"Awwww Sweet Jesus!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2