DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

There's other ways to destroy his value beyond just "he loses all the time"...like not just make him lose all the time, but repackage him to the most go-nowhere gimmick possible that'd be the exact opposite of anything valuable for Harper. 

Heck, play into it. You're mad this New York resident can't do a Southern accent? Make Harper the most stereotypical Noo Yawker alive to compensate for it, the type that'd make Vince Russo say "Bro, you're piling it on a little thick there"- that'd absolutely destroy Harper's aura even beyond "he loses all the time.

THAT'S what Vince McMahon would have done if he still had his fastball.

I agree with this. Letting someone stay off TV and stew only tends to foster more interest among the fan base AEW caters too. Want to really seal the deal on what little value this dude has? Make him the new Lord Tensai. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Didn't Spears also ask for his release on Twitter, and get it? Unlike everybody else who was only asking backstage quietly (until Dustin)?

I'm not sure there's a rhyme or reason to who WWE is petty with.

He asked for his release before he announced it on twitter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Dave also spent like 7 minutes talking about 90210 yesterday which is cracking me up

That was just seven minutes? The show was 90 minutes long almost and they spent the final third of the show talking about that shit.

Also, Garrett Gonzales had no idea Florence Henderson was dead. 

10 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I agree with this. Letting someone stay off TV and stew only tends to foster more interest among the fan base AEW caters too. Want to really seal the deal on what little value this dude has? Make him the new Lord Tensai. 

this. Keeping the dude off TV when its well know he wants out only gets people behind him and actively wanting him to go to AEW so "they can use him right". If you are Vince McMahon and you see so little value in the guy, why are you wasting your money on paying the guy, even if it is a drop in the bucket? If you want to make him look stupid for asking for his release on Twitter, have the dude doing 30 second jobs to Mojo Rawley. Kevin Owens is under a multi year contract, wants to work there, they(one would assume)see value in him, and he is made to look like a thundering bitch on Smackdown before being fired. I don't get the old lunatic's line of thinking!

Didn't he film something about having a lot of issues a few months ago? I don't remember what it was.

Alcoholism and mental health problems it seems like. Maybe he's bi-polar? I dunno.

Edited by Ryan

He did, yeah. He was on the DDP rehab plan, and the video was him saying how he's putting that behind him and is ready to move on with his life. Still, relapse is a part of the recovery process, so let's not judge him too harshly. Other than to say that he's always been a twat.

• Like 1

"WWE® DRAFT SET FOR FOX AND USA NETWORK ON OCTOBER 11 AND 14

STAMFORD, Conn. – September 15, 2019 – The destiny of WWE's Superstars will be determined during a two-night draft taking place live on Friday Night SmackDown® on October 11 at 8 pm ET on the FOX broadcast network and Monday Night Raw® on October 14 at 8 pm ET on USA Network.

On both nights of the draft, Superstars from Raw and SmackDown will appear along with personalities from FOX and NBCUniversal programming who will announce select picks from each brand. The draft will determine the Superstars that compete for Raw and SmackDown, which feature distinct casts, unique storylines and dedicated writing teams.

Friday Night SmackDown on October 11 will emanate from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas while Monday Night Raw on October 14 will take place at the Pepsi Center in Denver.

Raw and SmackDown are the #1 and #2 longest-running weekly episodic television shows in U.S. primetime history. The programs have aired more original episodes than The Simpsons, Gunsmoke, Lassie and Monday Night Football.

Raw will continue airing on USA Network while SmackDown moves to FOX beginning Friday, October 4."

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Sareee to WWE.

EEfFkwoVAAACdtz.jpg:small

Its an odd choice for both parties. Personally while I think talent is there I find Sareee to be a little overrated. Beyond that she isn't super charismatic and doesn't display much personality. An pick for WWe even if she can still improve and learn. For her part she basically only just started to reach the top of the joshi scene this year. You would think she would want a year or two in that position before running off.

12 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

this. Keeping the dude off TV when its well know he wants out only gets people behind him and actively wanting him to go to AEW so "they can use him right". If you are Vince McMahon and you see so little value in the guy, why are you wasting your money on paying the guy, even if it is a drop in the bucket? If you want to make him look stupid for asking for his release on Twitter, have the dude doing 30 second jobs to Mojo Rawley. Kevin Owens is under a multi year contract, wants to work there, they(one would assume)see value in him, and he is made to look like a thundering bitch on Smackdown before being fired. I don't get the old lunatic's line of thinking!

Cocaine. Lots of Cocaine. 

47 minutes ago, D.Z said:

"On both nights of the draft, Superstars from Raw and SmackDown will appear along with personalities from FOX and NBCUniversal programming who will announce select picks from each brand."

This is so, so weird. But kinda awesome.

I look forward to Ted Danson announcing Becky Lynch as the #1 draft pick for USA's Monday Night RAW.

• Like 1

This might sound insane but I think the draft should be a shoot.   Give me that PURE SPORTS vibe.    I think you're probably a moron if you don't select Roman Reigns first. 

Seriously though I hope it's logical.   No more of this "wrestler X randomly selected after Ryder vs. Apollo Crews match" 

So I am trying to think of all the WWE couples that would need to be kept together

Rollins/Becky

Charlotte/Andrade

Aleister Black/Zelina Vega

Carmella/Corey Graves

Alexa Bliss/Buddy Murphy

Sarah Logan/A War Raider

Bray Wyatt/JoJo

Couples if NXT is part of the draft

Johnny Gargano/Candice LeRae

Bianca Belair/A Street Profit

Killian Dain/Nikki Cross

Ricochet/Kacy Catanzaro (assuming they convince Kacy to stay)

Tyler Bate/Toni Storm (Assuming the rumors Storm is moving to NXT are true)

Zack Ryder/Chelesea Green

Roderick Strong/Marina Shafir

Keith Lee/Mia Yim

Couples that have vanished from TV

Naomi/A Uso

Rusev/Lana

Mike and Maria Kanellis (maternity leave)

Miz and Maryse (maternity leave)

(I didn't include Kassius Ohno and Rachel Ellering since I didn't include NXT UK and Ellering is out for like 8 more months)