DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

It's also possible that he popped the rating two months ago and everyone that tuned in that time saw they did jack shit with him and the rest of that show was damn near a complete nothing show otherwise so those people didnt come back this time. 

I think they used Austin well last night but I'm generally tired of legends and the way they're used creatively.   But I don't know if WWE knows how to do anything else,  they've been trying to live off The Attitude Era for the better part of 15 years. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I thought they advertised Rey vs. Metalik and Cedric vs. AJ Styles also?   But Austin was heavily advertised..   It's just not a great number considering they won't have SCSA around now. 

You're right about Rey/Metalik. I had forgotten about it was announced though I only recall hearing a day or so in advance. I don't recall Cedric/AJ being advertised a all though I could have missed it.

37 minutes ago, username said:

Austin also opened the show last night, so it's not like anyone who tuned in to see him had to stick around past the opening segment.

Yes but the opening segment was about 20 minutes so I think the first hour would be way higher if people tuned in,  got their Austin fix and dipped.  It appears that most people didn't bother to tune in at all. 

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think that's the YouTube/Dailymotion tier. But in the network's defense they've been A LOT better adding stuff from other promotions lately.  Hidden Gems folder is awesome and probably worth the $9.99 by itself. 

I hope they fix the issues before Clash of Champions,  I'm in no mood to watch a spinning wheel all night. 

Spin the wheel, make the deal.

• Like 2

What you really want is WCW Worldwide 1993, International version. The commentary team is Solie and Regal. It's fantastic having Lord Steven call his own matches, making excuses for every reversal the jobber gets.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, AxB said:

What you really want is WCW Worldwide 1993, International version. The commentary team is Solie and Regal. It's fantastic having Lord Steven call his own matches, making excuses for every reversal the jobber gets.

And the Lance Russell/Freebirds Pro. Maybe in 20 years.

• Like 2

I believe not. There might be a few hours of it on VHS in my loft, but... there might not. Or it could have decayed to the point of unwatchability. Or I could have taped over it years ago.

32 minutes ago, AxB said:

I believe not. There might be a few hours of it on VHS in my loft, but... there might not. Or it could have decayed to the point of unwatchability. Or I could have taped over it years ago.

We will start a small collection for you to find and convert it.

Per PWI - Kurt Angle's new role with the WWE is producer on the RAW side

He apparently has been shadowing folks on and off the last few months and the MSG show was one of his first (or his first) producing the show

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per PWI - Kurt Angle's new role with the WWE is producer on the RAW side

He apparently has been shadowing folks on and off the last few months and the MSG show was one of his first (or his first) producing the show

Remember kids, whatever you do, don't sell.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

WCW Saturday Night

I'm unfamiliar with this show. I do recall watching a show called dubya thee dubya thhataday night the muthaship eef you weeeel. Was it something like that show?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3