DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

22 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think in 86, without cable, just by living where I did and having a rotor on our antenna, I could watch at least 2 wwf show, at least 2 jcp shows, awa, world class, Watts and maybe more (not sure when the Salvodi iwccw was on TV). 

In 86 with a rooftop antenna and rabbit ears I got on Saturdays...

all 3 wwf syndicated shows,a sydicated JCP show,WCCW,Memphis,GLOW,Mid SOuht/UWF,Florida and GUlf Coast Championship wrestling. Plus what once a month there was Saturday Night's Main Event.

This is Corbin’s to lose. The last four times they’ve run this thing, going back to 2006, it’s been used to make an upper midcard heel more unlikeable.

Or in the case of Regal, someone they hoped would fill a spot in the upper midcard.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Both Elias and Corbin have been Shane lackeys for months. Shane steps in to replace Elias and wins. Then, at the PPV, they tease tension between Corbin and Shane leading up to the match, but when the bell rings Corbin lays down and we get King Shane. 

OR......Shane replaces Elias tonight and KO interferes to give Gable the win and to set up another match between KO and Shane.

Neither are great ways for this to play out.

I think Elias making it to the semis was far more egregious than Baron Corbin in the finals.  Elias shouldn't have made it further than Andrade.  Also,   I can see not crowning Ricochet but on the babyface side I'd go with Ali over Gable.    Gable is very good in ring but Ali can cut quality promos and do it in the ring.  

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Elias making it to the semis was far more egregious than Baron Corbin in the finals.  Elias shouldn't have made it further than Andrade.  Also,   I can see not crowning Ricochet but on the babyface side I'd go with Ali over Gable.    Gable is very good in ring but Ali can cut quality promos and do it in the ring.  

The correct answer was King Joe.

48 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's down because of football for sure and it was a great game but one would have to think..  they had Austin,  they had a good card,  they advertised it well,  first time back at MSG..  

I can see them dropping below 2 million easily now.  

Football has started again. The only announced matches were a triple threat no one wanted with a guy who was being pushed when ratings went so terribly down in earlier this year and the Horsewomen who they have killed much of the momentum on. Beyond that I doubt most viewers give a shit about MSG. Ratings will only go up with consistent good tv and characters people give a shit about being made to look special. Corbin and Seth Rollins are not those guys. Braun could have been, but they fucked that up and over several times. 

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I thought they advertised Rey vs. Metalik and Cedric vs. AJ Styles also?   But Austin was heavily advertised..   It's just not a great number considering they won't have SCSA around now. 

Why would Austin pop a rating in 2019? He hasn't wrestled in years, and it's not as if him making an appearance is that rare.