DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Who was the NFL announcer that worked in the Elite nicknames and All In reference last season while making his fantasy picks? His non-fan partner said he was waiting for WWE references and was promptly shutdown with "There was going to be no WWE references.".

Let's all relive and enjoy the goodness.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamrank/status/1075895275238162432?s=17

Did George Kittle ever respond to him? If imagine Kittle is a wrestling fan too as he does the Cero Miedo taunt.

9 hours ago, Zartan said:

Eric is starting to feel like he was just a name to drum up interest because from what I’ve gleaned it’s not his scripts getting torn up every week. What exactly has he come up with so far? Genuinely asking no sarcasm/smart assery. 

Nothing at all has come out about his specific involvement in creative, but that hasn't stopped people from going ahead and blaming everything bad on him and repeating Meltzer talking points from 20 years ago.

All of this stuff with Roman Reigns sounds like an Eric Bischoff storyline, but it's not as far as I know. It started when Eric was just moving from Wyoming to Connecticut and Eric hadn't even been in any meetings at that point. From all accounts, Eric's not involved with creative. There was that one story from last week that Eric brought in a Sons of Anarchy writer who was found sleeping when he was supposed to be working, but beyond that I actually have no idea what Eric is doing there. 

Whereas with Raw, you can easily see Heyman's fingerprints all over that show and Raw has been largely better for it.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

All of this stuff with Roman Reigns sounds like an Eric Bischoff storyline, but it's not as far as I know. It started when Eric was just moving from Wyoming to Connecticut and Eric hadn't even been in any meetings at that point. From all accounts, Eric's not involved with creative. There was that one story from last week that Eric brought in a Sons of Anarchy writer who was found sleeping when he was supposed to be working, but beyond that I actually have no idea what Eric is doing there. 

Whereas with Raw, you can easily see Heyman's fingerprints all over that show and Raw has been largely better for it.

He's there solely to be reminded he lost the Monday night war.

It wasn't a SOA writer sleeping on the job. Here's what actually happened.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He's there solely to be reminded he lost the Monday night war.

Part of me wondered if Vince hired him to just fuck with Eric some more. Like Vince was bored one day and got a itch for messing with Eric. Eric still has his home back in Wyoming, but from the sounds of it, Eric had to purchase a whole new wardrobe, they had to uproot their lives, they had to get a bunch of furniture, and all of that is an extreme hassle. If they release Eric one or two months from now, I won't be surprised.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Part of me wondered if Vince hired him to just fuck with Eric some more. Like Vince was bored one day and got a itch for messing with Eric. Eric still has his home back in Wyoming, but from the sounds of it, Eric had to purchase a whole new wardrobe, they had to uproot their lives, they had to get a bunch of furniture, and all of that is an extreme hassle. If they release Eric one or two months from now, I won't be surprised.

Bischoff was a regular at Starrcast prior to being hired by WWE, wasn't he? Maybe Vince was worried Tony Khan was going to sign Eric, so he got him first.

49 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

The premium service problem is that WWE seems to put things that don't seem to be as big for it:

Premium: “We think there’s also an opportunity to super-serve our most passionate Network subscribers with a premium tier that’ll bring together more content for them, more features for them, and also integrating some of our other non-video services like our commerce — potentially integrating something like free shipping, bringing together our digital ticketing efforts in there. It becomes the one place to experience everything WWE.” Barrios didn’t disclose how much WWE might charge for the premium tier.

Putting stuff like free shipping or digital ticketing efforts in is nice, but I don't think it helps the premium tier without additional programming would get people interested in the premium tier.

At least...hopefully, they got rid of the "the Premium subscribers get a Hall of Fame vote" thing is gone- because too many of the same people who'd go premium seem to be the same ones who would try to troll WWE by voting en masse for Cody or Jericho...or worse, CM Punk...or catastrophically worse, Chris Benoit...just because it'd make WWE squirm.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Him and that writer are probably counting the days till the next draft in hopes of getting the OC and turning them in to bikers. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

What's the tier where we get the WCW C-shows I've been waiting 5 years for

I think that's the YouTube/Dailymotion tier. But in the network's defense they've been A LOT better adding stuff from other promotions lately.  Hidden Gems folder is awesome and probably worth the $9.99 by itself. 

I hope they fix the issues before Clash of Champions,  I'm in no mood to watch a spinning wheel all night. 

• Like 1