DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

21 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

This has popped a question in my head. 

If you imbibe in the pleasures of the altering -  Which wrestler would you throughout history would you like to get high with?

1) Ric Flair before the self parodying finance, self worth and divorce issues, but not so far back that you actually stand a chance of living to tell the tale.

2) Assuming neither are a work, post religion Shawn or Sting. 

3) the Warlord

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

whichever one is buying the white lady

I would have loved to get coked up with Jake Roberts and listen to him cut promos.

Jake Roberts would have convinced YOU to buy the eight ball

But yeah, definitely Jake Roberts 

Edited by Curt McGirt

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

That was because (IIRC) SD was on an over the air channel, and not on cable. I think it was one of the highest network shows for hispanic viewers.

Dont think that is a completely fair comparison for it being on FS1. Is FS1 a basic cable channel or in the sports tier on most cable systems? 

Smackdown is going to be airing on the main broadcast FOX Network, so the logic of an over-the-air network potentially wanting more Latino stars like CW did would make sense, though these days that's just good in general no matter what channel it would be airing on. 

6 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

1) Ric Flair before the self parodying finance, self worth and divorce issues, but not so far back that you actually stand a chance of living to tell the tale.

Can we narrow that down to a specific year? I want to say 87 or 88

• Like 1

I was thinking about how much Xavier Woods reminds me of Koko B. Ware right now, and thought to myself “Wouldn’t it have been funny if Koko hosted a 1980’s equivalent to a video game streaming show, but instead video games, it’s board games”.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

18 hours ago, nate said:

Top this.

You have the rest of the month.

It's no VelociPastor, but it's definitely the best one of these sorts of things that includes an arguable GOAT pro wrestler in awhile. 

• Like 1

I was just thinking. With AEW starting on TNT in October with NXT as direct competition on USA as well as SD moving to FOX, this month is kind of the end of a chapter in pro wrestling history. A new era begins in October. I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

I was just thinking. With AEW starting on TNT in October with NXT as direct competition on USA as well as SD moving to FOX, this month is kind of the end of a chapter in pro wrestling history. A new era begins in October. I'm looking forward to it.

So, how early in the month will the [Oct 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION thread get locked? We should run a sweepstakes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1