DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Book's got a hair-trigger temper, so there's a pretty good chance he wanted to murder Graves until he smoked a bowl and calmed down.

This has popped a question in my head. 

If you imbibe in the pleasures of the altering -  Which wrestler would you throughout history would you like to get high with?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

If you imbibe in the pleasures of the altering -  Which wrestler would you throughout history would you like to get high with?

Bret Hart, man. I wanna just get super baked with that guy and just talk about the art of the whole thing. No one takes pro wrestling more seriously than him, I think it would be awesome. Like, nothing's worse than watching a shoot tape and the guys like, I didn't care, I don't remember, it's all a work anyway, etc. But based on some I've seen with him, and what I read of his book, I just think it would be cool from that aspect. Just completely unironically talking about wrestling like its the most important thing in the world and life depends on it with that guy would be cool. People always accuse him of being a mark for himself (and make no mistake, all the greats are) so maybe he'd be down to fire up the network and give me some directors commentary

I wanna say Piper but that likely would've turned into a super weird time. Next thing you know it's like oops that was pcp sorry bud let's go fight a horse to death and eat it or something

I think Hogan would be a good one just because I find that getting stoned kinda keeps one honest. So that would be interesting because I'd cover not only his various tall tales, but I'd for sure be like listen man what are you doing to help give back right now because a lot of people are still pretty bummed out by your actions 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 11

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I put this in the college football thread too but this is what the ESPN/WWE has brought

Not a good day for the pro-kayfabe crowd

He kept kayfabe. He said he’d choke slam/tombstone Mike the Tiger. Undertaker ain’t afraid of no tiger. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Curtis Iaukea

DING DING DING

Him and Mark Lewin, together. It would be the funniest trip down memory lane ever. 

But modern day? Keith Lee. Or as mentioned prior to this conversation, Sabu. 

Now drinking with somebody -- and I am a fairly mellow drunk who prefers talking over any reckless behavior -- take your pick. Fuck it, probably Harley. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If true,  I had figured Seth and Becky for Smackdown.   But then there's rumors of Roman on Smackdown also.   If Seth and Roman are both on Smackdown..  

Then...  who is THE guy on RAW? 

I'd switch New Day to Raw and start to build Big E as the guy on Raw. I'd have Balor return as a heel in the OC. They can feud with New Day. Put Boss n Hug on SDLive together, move Charlotte, Andrade and Zelina to Raw. Black would obviously have to move too. I'd keep Alexa, bring Ember and the Kabuki Warriors over. I'd bring Rey back to SD and bring Bryan in another top heel on RAW

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

whichever one is buying the white lady

I would have loved to get coked up with Jake Roberts and listen to him cut promos.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I'd switch New Day to Raw and start to build Big E as the guy on Raw. I'd have Balor return as a heel in the OC. They can feud with New Day. Put Boss n Hug on SDLive together, move Charlotte, Andrade and Zelina to Raw. Black would obviously have to move too. I'd keep Alexa, bring Ember and the Kabuki Warriors over. I'd bring Rey back to SD and bring Bryan in another top heel on RAW

It's hard to see Charlotte going to RAW, with all the PR she's done for the SDL move to FOX.

I have no clue how this draft will go. Outside of a few near-locks, it's hard to predict.

EDIT: Came back because I remembered: Miz was moved to RAW during the last Superstar Shakeup, supposedly because Miz and Mrs. is on USA. FOX allegedly doesn't want to do a lot of cross-promotional stuff. So who knows at this point.

Edited by Burgundy LaRue

I’m surprised their hasn’t been some kind of 420 meet and greet in a legal/medical state at conventions with certain wrestlers. 

Rvd for one has ridiculously underrated impersonation skills and I would probably enjoy those super high. 

If we’re talking getting really trashed might as well go all out with Sandman and/or Iron Sheik. 

• Like 3

Before Smackdown got on SyFy and USA, they seemed to be more insistent on Smackdown having a top Latino star more so than Raw. That's why Eddie and Rey are viewed as Smackdown guys primarily, I wonder if that is going to be the case with Fox sports. Andrade has the presence of a top guy and he has Zelina as his mouthpiece, He is one of the best inring. They'll probably move Rey back on SDLive but the probably won't feature him.

That was because (IIRC) SD was on an over the air channel, and not on cable. I think it was one of the highest network shows for hispanic viewers.

Dont think that is a completely fair comparison for it being on FS1. Is FS1 a basic cable channel or in the sports tier on most cable systems?