DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Did she leave before the monstrous (and now albatross) NHL deal was signed? 

I just wonder if she would have found a place with all that content at the time, maybe ending as a highlight host or maybe on 590. I could have seen her being tried out in the Robin slot on one of the myriad of morning shows they have had in the last 5 or 6 years. She definitely seems more clever and quick witted than someone ike Ashley Docking, who I think is still 590's only regular woman on-air (co)host. 

Edited by odessasteps

Renee was gone before Rogers got the NHL back in 2014.

She appeared on Cam Stewart and Gabe Morency's show from time to time. She did fill-in appearances hosting highlight packages when people were on vacation. I never listen to 590 here, so I don't know how she would have fit in there.

13 minutes ago, PB-13 said:

Hell, let Rey hang out on 205 Live while it's still around and have some bangers with the other luchadors, Tozawa, etc.

Promote it right and that could be incredible.  Hey, it might actually put more eyes on 205 in general and help save it.  Granted, that's wishful thinking but you never know.

Rey only went back to WWE a year ago (Right after All In, as I recall), and now he wants out again? Didn't he have a hard time leaving the company last time? I'm wondering how they enticed him to return, since it seemed like towards the end of his first run, the bloom was pretty far gone from the rose. Maybe his return was mainly just about padding his pension pot before he retired. Or maybe he didn't see the big changes to the business coming and thought it was his only option.

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

Rey only went back to WWE a year ago (Right after All In, as I recall), and now he wants out again? Didn't he have a hard time leaving the company last time? I'm wondering how they enticed him to return, since it seemed like towards the end of his first run, the bloom was pretty far gone from the rose. Maybe his return was mainly just about padding his pension pot before he retired. Or maybe he didn't see the big changes to the business coming and thought it was his only option.

If he wants out then I'm hoping he finds his way back to Japan to get that match against Ibushi.  They teased it at All In and I've been wanting that in the worst way.

I don't think it is Rey wanting out more people applying his age and injury history to him taking it easy/retiring

That being said - he signed (a reported) two year deal last Sept so he is just starting Year 2.

So it could also be - Rey knows he has a year of Heyman giving him what he wants and taking advantage of it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Promote it right and that could be incredible.  Hey, it might actually put more eyes on 205 in general and help save it.  Granted, that's wishful thinking but you never know.

I never understood why they never did a deal where they bring in like a Zayn, Rey, or Balor for a "dream match" once in a while to help get some eyeballs on it. 

A little follow up since we were talking about the WWE using writers, etc...

From the newest WON

Bayley, Banks and Mysterio’s promos on Raw were all done without being scripted word-for-word, basically the old bullet points style and going for it. There is a movement to try and do more of that going forward, similar to the leeway that Owens (and I believe Bryan but that hasn’t been told to me directly) get on Smackdown and why his promos, if not both of theirs, come off better than almost anyone

• Like 1