DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

I think y'all are falling for a bit that Jericho does.

He's very convincing.

9 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

I know this will never happen, but I wish we could go back to an era where no one knew who wrote/booked/scripted/whatever any and all wrestling programs. Sure, it's an interesting useless fact when you know who came up with something, but I just want an entertaining program. 

People rarely know anything beyond Ryan Ward = good, Road Dogg = bad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I feel very strongly that Roman will be on SD. Follow the money on that one.

Roman was in the center of the mini billboard FOX Sports had for their Fall upfront panel. They've hung a poster of him alongside others in their studio. Roman will be on SDL. His CFB/NFL background is enough to make that happen.

The question is whether USA tries to convince WWE into keeping him as a free agent.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

On the radio show last night/this morning - Meltzer followed up on the draft/writer changeups

Starting in October - the writers will be exclusive to their show and the announcers will go back to being exclusive

Sweet. Can we take Graves off one of the shows then?

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

On the radio show last night/this morning - Meltzer followed up on the draft/writer changeups

Starting in October - the writers will be exclusive to their show and the announcers will go back to being exclusive

I wonder if Fox doing the production themselves not only means no Kevin Dunn on Smackdown, but no Vince in the announcers’ ears as well.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh Good Lord....

Since Becky should technically still be on the Smackdown roster, she needs to troll Flair by coming out during Charlotte's matches to various "Man" songs:

"I'm the Man" by Anthrax

"Here Comes Your Man" by The Pixies

"Simple Man" - Lynerd Skynerd

"Be a Man" - Randy Savage

"He's A Real Man's Man" - Regal theme, etc.

Of course, WWE would have to pay  to license some of those songs, and that money could have gone to pay Ric Flair.

In the new WON that just came out - Meltzer noted that since Renee Young will be hosting that panel show on FS1, there is a decent chance she will end up on SDL side (FOX in generally is really high on her)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

In the new WON that just came out - Meltzer noted that since Renee Young will be hosting that panel show on FS1, there is a decent chance she will end up on SDL side (FOX in generally is really high on her)

Hopefully this means Smacking Talk is more or less returning even if under a new name.

• Like 4

She had no room for advancement at Sportsnet. They had her hosting the WWE stuff, and that's it. It was definitely a better career move for her to go work for Vince, and to top it off, she met the love of her life.