DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

I think that's all much ado about nothing. Social media isn't always an accurate description of one's life lol

I know people whose Instagrams are 90% fictional and everyone knows fitness accounts are usually made up of pics from the one month the poster was in top shape but they pretend they have 8 pack abs on a boat in the Caribbean all year round. I'd say social media is the LEAST accurate description of someone's life. 

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the 24/7 title is exclusive to RAW, since it was a USA idea and that goofy shit doesn't really jive with the "sports" style that FOX supposedly wants.

Except that a Fox correspondent has already won the 24/7 title.

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

I think that's all much ado about nothing. Social media isn't always an accurate description of one's life lol

On the other hand, he seems proud of all the recent comparisons between his partying and Ric Flair, so... yeah.

I know this will never happen, but I wish we could go back to an era where no one knew who wrote/booked/scripted/whatever any and all wrestling programs. Sure, it's an interesting useless fact when you know who came up with something, but I just want an entertaining program. I don't care who came up with it. I don't care who is writing the show. If Paul Heyman writes a show that is absolute ass it really shouldn't matter more then if Vince McMahon comes up with THE BEST SHIT EVER, PAL on his own. Just give me a good program with characters that make sense and a good match here and there. That's all I really want

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

You know what's sad? WCW never figured out how to combine the insane athleticism of early-90s Scott Steiner with the ridiculous charisma of late-90s Big Poppa Pump. 

I thought Eric Bischoff said that early 90s Scott was shy or just wanted the protection by sticking with his brother because they wanted to push him to the moon. Maybe shy isn't the right word, but it was something like that.

Which is funny because backstage him and his brother fucked with everyone, but that may be more due to Scott feeling empowered and emboldened by being with his brother.

I think the real question is, what the hell made Scott Steiner come out of his shell in the late 90s?

49 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

You know what's sad? WCW never figured out how to combine the insane athleticism of early-90s Scott Steiner with the ridiculous charisma of late-90s Big Poppa Pump. 

Could he put shit together without Rick around? 33 and 1/3 percent chance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Phil4126 said:

I know this will never happen, but I wish we could go back to an era where no one knew who wrote/booked/scripted/whatever any and all wrestling programs. Sure, it's an interesting useless fact when you know who came up with something, but I just want an entertaining program. I don't care who came up with it. I don't care who is writing the show. If Paul Heyman writes a show that is absolute ass it really shouldn't matter more then if Vince McMahon comes up with THE BEST SHIT EVER, PAL on his own. Just give me a good program with characters that make sense and a good match here and there. That's all I really want

We don’t really know who writes what these days, but some people pretend we do.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I thought Eric Bischoff said that early 90s Scott was shy or just wanted the protection by sticking with his brother because they wanted to push him to the moon. Maybe shy isn't the right word, but it was something like that.

Which is funny because backstage him and his brother fucked with everyone, but that may be more due to Scott feeling empowered and emboldened by being with his brother.

I think the real question is, what the hell made Scott Steiner come out of his shell in the late 90s?

Roid rage?

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If you watch the first few months of heel Scott Steiner, he looks and sounds REALLY uncomfortable.  There was some segment where Hogan took Scott to a movie set and Steiner just kinda sat there and mumbled stuff the whole time.  The flip switched at some point because 98 Steiner and 99-2000 Steiner were almost night and day.

• Like 2

Any guesses on who might land where?   I know FOX wanted star power and at one point wanted Ronda but that's out.   Would they put Roman exclusively on Fridays?  

I think the faces of RAW will be Roman Reigns and maybe THE FIEND.  Put a lot of the crazy,  supernatural shit on RAW.  

I think the faces of Smackdown will be Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch.  

3 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

If you watch the first few months of heel Scott Steiner, he looks and sounds REALLY uncomfortable.  There was some segment where Hogan took Scott to a movie set and Steiner just kinda sat there and mumbled stuff the whole time.  The flip switched at some point because 98 Steiner and 99-2000 Steiner were almost night and day.

Scott was like a weird body building Goldust at first, who was obsessed with being future Hollywood royalty.

Didn't Hogan make Steiner the leader of the nWo too when he went off to 'run for President'?

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Bill Watts gave him the TV belt and started turning him heel prior to leaving WCW... then SK rumour has it Vince wanted to give him the Jesus Push from 94 King of the Ring onwards. Strangely enough he didn't stick around for either of these. Maybe he was just committed to the team and loyal to his brother at that point? Left a lot of money on the table I know that much, even though the team was a big draw.

Funnily enough, as the youngest brother Scott always sounded like the bad influence out of the two

On 9/4/2019 at 8:19 PM, Hagan said:

All the concern trolling going on over Jericho's lifestyle on social media is pretty terrible. 

This. Dude's a legit rockstar, 30 years in the wrestling business and more or less in 1 piece (most career threatening injury happened doing Dancing With The Stars ffs), drinks like a fish, hasn't Naitched his money, does his fucking yoga DDPY, in better shape than 99.9% of 48 year old males, no divorce despite probably banging Kelly Kelly and who knows what else, didn't take any shit from Sin Cara (Or Goldberg. Or Brock Lesnar), successful podcast, several successful reinventions, left WWE completely voluntarily and made a huge success of it.......ooh, he's looking a bit red now eh?

Thank you Chris Jericho.

Update: also became a meme

Edited by ComingToAmerica
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, BurningBeard said:

Bill Watts gave him the TV belt and started turning him heel prior to leaving WCW... then SK rumour has it Vince wanted to give him the Jesus Push from 94 King of the Ring onwards. Strangely enough he didn't stick around for either of these. Maybe he was just committed to the team and loyal to his brother at that point?

Bischoff basically said as much on his podcast. Scott himself nixed the singles runs because he didn't want to break up the team. 

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Any guesses on who might land where?   I know FOX wanted star power and at one point wanted Ronda but that's out.   Would they put Roman exclusively on Fridays?  

I think the faces of RAW will be Roman Reigns and maybe THE FIEND.  Put a lot of the crazy,  supernatural shit on RAW.  

I think the faces of Smackdown will be Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch.  

I feel very strongly that Roman will be on SD. Follow the money on that one.

On the radio show last night/this morning - Meltzer followed up on the draft/writer changeups

Starting in October - the writers will be exclusive to their show and the announcers will go back to being exclusive