DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

6 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

I get the mindset behind this, but I disagree with it on a principle that it just doesn’t work in almost any match that doesn’t involve Paul London, it just makes the title seem unimportant. The funny thing is by late 2003 Xavier was one of their best undercard workers, but the booking had already given up on him.

Xavier vs. John Walters Fight without Honor from Final Battle 2003 is a seriously underrated match. 

My first ROH show happened to be when Joe won the title from Xavier. My friend had asked me if I wanted to go to this indy show in Philly because Raven was on it. Thus began my ROH fandom.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

The WWE has started announcing matches for the Australia shows in October

I can't remember - is one of them going to be a Supershow again this year?

Anyway - so far

New Day vs. Revival - SDL Tag Championship

Aleister Black vs Dolph Ziggler

IIconics vs Kabuki Warriors vs Fire and Desire

16 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can't remember now what was the origin of Foley's broken Winged Eagle hardcore title?  Was this the same title that Mr. Perfect took a hammer to? 

No that was an urban legend. A private collector has the Mr Perfect belt. Im almost positive I've seen it for sale in the last 10 or 11 years

• Like 1

Well looks like it is official now

Another WWE draft will be taking place in five weeks.

As noted in a recent Observer about some roster changes with the SmackDown move to FOX and the company wanting to go back to talent exclusivity on each brand, WWE has tentatively decided on dates for two new draft shows.

The draft will start on the SmackDown episode in Las Vegas on Friday, October 11, as a way to try and maintain the expected big audience of the FOX premiere one week earlier.

The Raw draft will then take place on Monday, October 14 in Denver.

This is part of a series of moves that will be made to freshen up both shows both with talent and in other ways during October.

SmackDown debuts on FOX on Friday, October 4. The show is taking place in Los Angeles, with the theme of it being SmackDown's 20th anniversary celebration. Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Lita, Mick Foley, Booker T, Hulk Hogan, Trish Stratus, Goldberg, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Mark Henry, Ric Flair, and Sting are advertised for the premiere episode.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-draft-planned-smackdown-and-raw-october-291706

Was wondering if they would do another draft. It feels weird again to happen so soon, but its not like the other one meant much due to the Wild Card shit. I hope the Revival or Orton get move so they can still team together.

30 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Only 24/7 title and women tags holders will still able to cross brand.

I'm good with this.

• Like 2

I'd assume with NXT now being on USA and an official "third brand" that they will be involved in this new Draft. There have been guys moved from NXT to the "main rosters" in the past, but now with them on USA, I can see some RAW and SDL guys being moved to NXT this time around as well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hagan said:

All the concern trolling going on over Jericho's lifestyle on social media is pretty terrible. 

It's not that bad here but I'll admit to being a bit concerned about the guy.  He's lived a rock star lifestyle due to not only WWE but Fozzy and I can't say I'm terribly surprised that he does what he does.  I'm not going to demonize him because we all have our vices.  But I'm hoping that he can at least turn that reputation down a bit considering he'll be on a weekly show again.  Besides, it's not like it affects his wrestling that I can tell so it could be much worse.

40 minutes ago, Hagan said:

All the concern trolling going on over Jericho's lifestyle on social media is pretty terrible. 

I think that's all much ado about nothing. Social media isn't always an accurate description of one's life lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Jericho seems to want me to laugh at a walking midlife crisis. So laugh I will. 

Pretty much. His perma bloodshot and glassy eyes are a bit concerning but whatever.