DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

Well you can tell that the trend of the series is that he has a terrible moment and looks awful and then has a redemption moment.  The preview for show 3 is that D-X vs Taker/Kane match that was a complete mess.  I assume that show 4 will be about making up for how awful everyone looked in that match.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Okay I assume that when he mentioned in his hip surgery that he heard his own entrance music while the drugs kicked in was just him joking.   I mean those drugs are good but not that scary

They were playing it in the room while they were giving him anesthesia. I know some operation teams sometimes play music in the background during surgeries

We named our daughter Leila, so the surgical team performing the caesarean played Layla. By the time she was actually delivered the Clapton Pandora station was playing B.B. King’s version of The Thrill is Gone. It wasn’t exactly the vibe in the room, but whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, RonL21 said:

They were playing it in the room while they were giving him anesthesia. I know some operation teams sometimes play music in the background during surgeries

They played rock music when I had my wrist surgery a few years ago. As I came to they were trying to remember who played "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," so my first sluggish words were "Green Day."

Few takeaways/questions from episode 2-

Taker doing the Saudi shows and then saying it’s about “redemption” is like that episode of The Simpsons where Chief Wiggum hands Moe his “laundry” in court. 

I wonder if they did this documentary in like 98 or 2007 or 2010 what version of Mark Callaway do you get then? Because I refuse to believe that he’s ALWAYS been this cool easy going guy who’s a bit anxious like the rest of us. 

What were the ups and downs in his personal life that Vince helped him with? Wasn’t he ready to quit in 99? 

The Cena match could’ve been at least 5-7 minutes longer but I guess Vince just wanted to give him his confidence back without taking a risk.

Takers run is always impressive to me because he was never THE GUY but obviously a huge reason/factor why people bought tickets. 

• Like 2

I remember a while ago someone found a Meltzer quote from 98ish where Taker had an injury that was serious enough that he was considering retiring. I have a feeling it was more that he had a bunch of nagging injuries (like that leg injury that he aggravated further dropping into the ring during the cell match with Foley) that piled up and he was burnt out. 

• Like 2

In the second episode of Undertaker: The Last Ride we gett glimpses of his relationships with Vince McMahon and Michelle McCool. Man, Undertaker showed repeatedly his disappointment in his performance in the Roman Reigns match at WrestleMania XXXIII, he actually seeks Roman out to say that a year later. Shame The Undertaker vs. John Cena at WrestleMania XXXIV didn't go longer. More than anything, I wish it happened when The Streak was still going on.

You already know the pattern this documentary will go from highs to lows, the latter in the next episode as the Brothers of Destruction vs. DX where everything went wrong in SA. Shame Shawn didn't stick his retirement out. I wonder if he's ever tempted to come back so he doesn't go out on that one? Speaking of having a great last match, if that's what The Undertaker wants, Daniel Bryan's the one to do so.

Edited by The Natural

On 5/19/2020 at 1:22 PM, (BP) said:

I remember a while ago someone found a Meltzer quote from 98ish where Taker had an injury that was serious enough that he was considering retiring. I have a feeling it was more that he had a bunch of nagging injuries (like that leg injury that he aggravated further dropping into the ring during the cell match with Foley) that piled up and he was burnt out. 

Dave brings up pretty often that a lot of guys in the company were telling him how hurt Taker was and how he only had a year or two left as far back as 97-99 era.

The way the dude reinvented himself as a once a year superworker years after he should've been washed is still unfathomable. 

Was really cool seeing my buddy Larry Heck get some rub from Taker. I laughed out loud when Taker said Chimel was bad luck being in the room when they were playing cards.

I can totally picture the two of them playing and Tony walks in the room with Taker immediately screaming at him to get out.  lol

• Like 2

Undertaker: The Last Ride episode 3's main focus was on the Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, then Triple H from WrestleMania XXV-XXVIII and the Undertaker vs. Triple H from Super Showdown 2018 followed by Brothers of Destruction vs. DX at Crown Jewel 2018. Least the Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Triple H admitted the match sucked. Boy did it with Triple H tearing his pec right at the start, Kane's mask/hair falling off and Undertaker/Kane failing to catch Michaels' moonsault to the outside. Interestingly The Undertaker said he wasn't there mentally at all with family issues.

Surprised Mick Foley didn't feature, his series of matches in 1996 showed that Undertaker could go in the ring and that was further illustrated with 'Taker's matches versus Bret Hart. I've always said Batista vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania 23 should have main evented the show as 'Taker challenged for the World Title at a WrestleMania for the first time since 1997 vs. Sycho Sid. Batista/Undertaker was the Match of the Night at WrestleMania 23 and their 2007 series was one of the best in either men's times in WWE. No Brock Lesnar either.

During all of the recent craziness I've spent far more time perusing the network than I have in the past. While I can always find something to watch, it is hard to comprehend how six (6) years into the network so much classic content is still missing. Why is there only a year or two of WCW Saturday Night or Superstars? Where is the rest of Primetime? Where are the syndicated shows?

• Like 1

Superstars of Wrestling requires too much blurring over losing a copyright over the phrase "Superstars of Wrestling."  And those banners are everywhere.  They posted a few shows in the 24/7 days but they clearly don't feel it is worth the effort.  Primetime is why you only get a handful.  

From watching these Last Ride shows,  if the WWE thought the "Blue Lives Matter" shirts he wears has caused an issue from a few before,  these last 2 or 3 shows with him hearing is really going to make noise.  Granted I doubt the WWE gives a crap either way but still 

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

From watching these Last Ride shows,  if the WWE thought the "Blue Lives Matter" shirts he wears has caused an issue from a few before,  these last 2 or 3 shows with him hearing is really going to make noise.  Granted I doubt the WWE gives a crap either way but still 

I did notice that but kind of disregarded it so I could pay attention to everything else.  Though with recent events that will be interesting to see what happens for the next two episodes.

24 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So apparently there is now a free version of the WWE Network.  Why I have no idea but if you want a watered down version (hopefully) then here you go