DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

The WWE Chronicle on Drew McIntyre is really good as most of the Chronicle shows are.    I also believe that this is the first time that they actually mention the coronavirus .  Also thought it was funny and not surprising that most of the clips were from Fox News 

This WWE 24 on Edge is really great.  If we are to believe the show, the spear on Elias at Summerslam I think was just something he felt he had to do  in hearing the crowd.  sure did seem that both Vince and Beth were pissed about.  Also didn't know that I assume AEW tried to sign Edge

Also you can give Edge some credit for creating the Revival because he decided to pay it forward to a young wrestler in the Carolinas now known as Dash Wilder.  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 11:00 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Had to look that up and it is actually true... and he sells real estate. 

Talk about don't judge a book by its cover

Rick and Scott both graduated from what really is one of the best universities in the country. And I don't think wrestlers got the kind of preferential treatment that justifies how the fuck Tom Brady also has a Michigan degree.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:54 PM, Death From Above said:

I always thought Rick Steiner would have been the most fun gym teacher. I just imagine him doing the gimmick the whole time, wrestling kids, tackling people, generally acting like a fool. The stories you'd have in that class. The stories.

Just don’t mess up a spot or you’ll get Iizuka’d 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 6:09 PM, RIPPA said:

The preview they put up of the Taker Doc "The Last Ride" has me thinking the full thing is gonna be real real good

has there been an announcement as to when the full thing starts?

On 4/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, Infinit said:

The pop when Rick won the tv title was fucking HUGE. 

Dusty actually wanted him to squash Flair in 5 minutes at Starrcade 88.

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These new best match compilations are obnoxious. They're basically the same as the old collections that were on the original version of the Network, but instead of getting divided into separate videos, they're like 3-6 hour long blocks in one video. Why have they made them less convenient to go through?

On 4/4/2020 at 10:24 PM, hammerva said:

The WWE Chronicle on Drew McIntyre is really good as most of the Chronicle shows are.    I also believe that this is the first time that they actually mention the coronavirus .  Also thought it was funny and not surprising that most of the clips were from Fox News 

This WWE 24 on Edge is really great.  If we are to believe the show, the spear on Elias at Summerslam I think was just something he felt he had to do  in hearing the crowd.  sure did seem that both Vince and Beth were pissed about.  Also didn't know that I assume AEW tried to sign Edge

Also you can give Edge some credit for creating the Revival because he decided to pay it forward to a young wrestler in the Carolinas now known as Dash Wilder.  

Yeah, Edge: The Second Mountain is one of the best wrestling documentaries I've seen. I'd put it among Wrestling With Shadows, the Bret Hart documentary on the long awaited Bret Hart DVD box set, The Rise and Fall of ECW,  the one on Chris Jericho's first ever WWE DVD box set, Daniel Bryan: Just Say Yes! Yes! Yes, Chasing the Dream: The Nigel McGuinness Story and Dark Side of the Ring: Benoit.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:09 PM, RIPPA said:

The preview they put up of the Taker Doc "The Last Ride" has me thinking the full thing is gonna be real real good

Really looking forward to that one.

The Black Scorpion angle will always be special as it was the first thing I saw regarding WCW. I was 7 and a WWF kid at the time. My uncle was taping me the WWF Main event show from November 90 with Dibiase-Warrior (I was a huge Ted fan) well my uncle taped that weeks Clash of the Champions and the Main Event (the last match got cut as the tape ran out).  I instantly was a Pillman fan and loved what WCW was doing. I started watching power hour every Saturday am, and Saturday night every week. Funny enough I watched more WCW at the time because I was only 7-8 and Prime Time was on at 9 pm when I was in bed. 

• Like 1

So one thing I've taken great delight in is watching the Saturday Night shows from the start.  I recently got back into it and just finished Beach Blast which had some tremendous matches.  One thing that really jumps out is you have WWF Superstars on the Network and it's so over-the-top and cartoony (which I adored)  But WCW was such a wonderful counter-balance where there were still gimmicks but it had an almost edgier vibe to it all.  I mean, Saturday Night started with Rude accusing Steamboat of cheating on his wife and soon after there's women claiming he had an affair with them.  It's really neat to see and can't wait to see how things play out now that Ricky won the ironman match at Beach Blast.

One thing I wish I did was watch Superstars and Saturday Night from the same weeks they aired.  But once I catch up to where I left off with Superstars I'll be doing just that.  I'm also watching the Clash and PPV shows to get a full picture of WCW (at least with what's on the Network)

On 4/30/2020 at 1:48 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Speaking of the Triple H 6+ hour video... I did not expect it to lead off with Buck Zumhofe...

Holy shit, I'm floored nobody else noted that. If you did a list of the most sick evil and fucked up people to ever be in the wrestling business he'd be just about at the top of it.