DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

13 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Still haven't figured out how to get the subscription plan without commercials.  It seems that you if you get Peacock from your cable provider you are stuck in a certain premium version

You can upgrade.

If you visit peacock.tv via your browser - click on the account icon in the top right and the first thing I see is the "Upgrade to Premium Plus". Plus one of the help topics is "How to Upgrade to Premium Plus"

(I have my account via Xfinity but I am assuming that would look the same for everyone)

Just now, hammerva said:

If the editing of Piper and Bad News Brown is a sign then you might as forgot about seeing most of ECW and the Attitude Era unless there is even more editing

PWI is definitely making that leap

That being said the only two examples they have found so far are the Piper/Brown match and Vince dropping the N bomb and it is easy to see why they want no part of that.

While watching more '93 Superstars I came by a really weird coinscidence regarding Greg Valentine and Owen Hart and Survivor Series: In '88 they are on the opposing teams and Valentine beats Owen (as BLUE Blazer) via submission. In '93 they are on opposing teams again and Valentine (as BLUE Knight) loses via submission (I don't remember if it was Bret or Owen who did the Sharpshooter, but if it was Owen, this would be 100% better). I doubt they meant to have any continuity in that, but it's kinda funny.

15 hours ago, Infinit said:

Brown/Piper is still on the regular Network Mania 6.

Is it on there with one of those lock keys that tells you that go to Peacock.   That was what I was seeing last night on a number of things.  Especially things that aren't on Peacock like most of the territories stuff 

24 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Is it on there with one of those lock keys that tells you that go to Peacock.   That was what I was seeing last night on a number of things.  Especially things that aren't on Peacock like most of the territories stuff 

No, it looks like every other match box on the show.

So strange that every single WrestleMania is locked except that one.   Although the whole lock/no lock thing might have been after this issue was brought up

It is funny seeing WWE during the PG era marked as TV-MA on Peacock for reasons nobody can figure out.   People are assuming the 2019 Royal Rumble is marked because Nia Jax gets beat up in the men's match

14 hours ago, Shartnado said:

While watching more '93 Superstars I came by a really weird coinscidence regarding Greg Valentine and Owen Hart and Survivor Series: In '88 they are on the opposing teams and Valentine beats Owen (as BLUE Blazer) via submission. In '93 they are on opposing teams again and Valentine (as BLUE Knight) loses via submission (I don't remember if it was Bret or Owen who did the Sharpshooter, but if it was Owen, this would be 100% better). I doubt they meant to have any continuity in that, but it's kinda funny.

Wikipedia says that is really was Owen (I am too lazy to confirm this on the Network, though The History of WWE says the same) who eliminated Valentine.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2021 at 6:35 PM, odessasteps said:

After poking around, i think the only JCP thing i saw immediately was the 88 Bunkhouse stampede show. No Starrcades at the moment. 

I don't know if it's on purpose or not but they picked some of the dirt worst WCW ppvs to upload first. Bunkhouse Stampede, Greed, Sin, New Blood Rising, Mayhem 99 and Battlebowl 93 are up.

Thoughts on Starrcade 87: Chi-Town Heat

The UWF merger paid immediate dividends with the additions of Sting, Rick Steiner, Eddie Gilbert and announcer Jim Ross. Who knew that Sting, Ross, Tony Schiavone, Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson would all be working for the same company 34 years later?

Steve Williams beat Barry Windham to retain the UWF title. Windham gave Doc a break after an injury, but the champ did not return the favor.  The "nice guys finish last" wheels started turning in Windham's brain.

Another scaffold match for the Midnight Express? At least this scaffold was wider, but they still lost to the Rock & Roll Express. Jim Cornette wisely kept his feet on the ground this time.

Terry Taylor and Eddie Gilbert cheated as much as they could, but they couldn't stop Nikita Koloff from unifying the TV titles. Although this was the No. 3 belt, Nikita still looked like a future World champion.

This was the perfect time and place for the Road Warriors to win their first World tag team title, but a Dusty finish took place instead, and Tully & Arn won by DQ.

Dusty Rhodes had a steel cage to ward off JJ Dillon's interference in his US title shot against Lex Luger. But DIllon still knocked out Johnny Weaver and stole the key to the cage. He didn't get it, but he threw a chair to Luger. However, Dusty gave Luger a DDT right on the chair to win the title.

Ric Flair is the MVP for surviving a brawl with Ron Garvin to win his fifth NWA World title. The fans finally came around to respecting Flair, despite his heel status.

Edited by Gorman

So I guess today is officially the death of the WWE Network  ?

I am not sure if this is the thread for this stuff but the new Untold on the Edge vs Mick Foley WrestleMania match is up and it is awesome.   Goes over the match completely and the built up.   The part at the end where they showed them with the doctors and it really does put into perspective the people who kind of complained that Edge was hamming up the reaction to the violence.  I remember that being a sore spot in people.  

Later this month, 10 more episodes of WWF Superstars will be added to Peacock/WWE Network as this month’s classic content upload. A WWE 24 episode focused on The Miz is also listed among this month’s Peacock/WWE Network additions.

I'm over here enjoying a day off watching the Network and some WCW Saturday Night. The main event tag team match before Fall Brawl'93 was Ric Flair & Dustin Rhodes vs Sid Vicious & Rick Rude. While main event tag team matches involving 4 top stars are commonplace and have been for decades now, what could WWE put on today that would even come close to matching the star power in that contest?

In ring, they could put a bunch of guys in there and have a better match than that particular match ended up being. Plus we would be more likely to get a more decisive ending (or at least a cheap pinfall), but today, you'd pretty much have to have Drew McIntyre & Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns & Edge! And somehow, even that doesn't sound the same, even though that would probably be an awesome match.

...and another thing, these episodes have been somehow mixed up and are not in exactly correct order. No, sorry, the Network just played them in reverse order.

Also, I wonder if the young, attractive female fans that the camera focuses on at least once per episode (not always the same fans, however) were plants or not? I'd like to believe that they weren't, but I have my doubts.

Edited by Shartnado
That was a damn long run-on sentece, edited

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Yes, WCW used plants in te crowd, both at Center Stage and at Disney. 

Yeah, I've heard about that and was thinking that this was exactly what was going on here, even if I wished otherwise. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yeah, both segments of the audience were indeed well representent on these episodes.

Here's something kinda funny: There's another Sting vs Sid Vicious match at Halloween Havoc '93. Sid calls it The Franchise match. Sting, being the babyface says he doesn't consider himself The Franchise, he considers himself the Stinger. So does this unintentionally make the match "Being the Stinger" match? Which is the prototype of "Being John Cena title"!

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I certainly wouldn't want to be known as the Franchise while Shane Douglas was still around, that'd be a smear on your name ?

Interestingly enough, Sting was calling himself that years later, even at the time when Douglas was with the company. And he went on to face Sid for the third time at a Halloween Havoc and that time, he lost.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wait, didn't they actually have beef over that? I swear somebody posted about that on here recently. 

I don't remember, but that sounds like it should have happened. I mean I can see how at least Douglas would have been pissed off about it. I mean even moreso than every other second of his career.