DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

Had a blast this weekend doing a double feature of Broken Skulls Sessions with Bayley and Banks.

For me, I'll take these over some of those character pieces they do time to time. I've personally enjoyed the Sessions episodes with Mark Henry and Undertaker more than the Edge documentary and the Strowman one, but thats just me. 

I feel like the 365s and 24s follow a pattern of talent getting into depression about their roster spot and they struggle mentally for a length of time. Liv, Lana, Strowman, Owens touched on it in their docs, Keith Lee too if I remember. And if they wanna discuss going thru some struggles over creative i kinda feel they express themselves more freely with Austin on the few times i saw depression over roster push get brought up than they would in the docs 

• 2 weeks later...

Never thought I would actually ask this question but has anyone actually cancelled the WWE network.  I was going to do and I can't find the cancel button on My Account Summary.  Are they automatically going to cancel accounts now?

33 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I am not sure if there will be a WWE Network Peacock thread or not so will put here.  

It hadn't even crossed my mind but its not the worst idea.

Though I am probably gonna wait till the app actually dies (at least for the US folks)

36 minutes ago, Casey said:

Was Over the Edge 1999 always available? I feel like it wasn't on the Network app, but it's on the Peacock version.

I think initially it wasn't on there for obvious reasons.  But I checked the network just now and it's there but with some slight edits.  For one they have a graphic for Owen to start with and they also cut out the beginning of Road Dogg's promo saying he's praying for Owen.  I haven't checked the rest but I would guess they edited out anything that mentioned Owen which I guess is fine for some.  Considering how awkward it was after the fall I'd rather they not have it up at all but what can you do.

They added some '93 WCWSN to the Network proper today. Those episodes also went up on Peacock. That's probably good news in terms of the likelihood of back catalog shows continuing to go up? Wishful thinking, perhaps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I think initially it wasn't on there for obvious reasons.  But I checked the network just now and it's there but with some slight edits.  For one they have a graphic for Owen to start with and they also cut out the beginning of Road Dogg's promo saying he's praying for Owen.  I haven't checked the rest but I would guess they edited out anything that mentioned Owen which I guess is fine for some.  Considering how awkward it was after the fall I'd rather they not have it up at all but what can you do.

Yes, Over the Edge 99 has been on the Network for a while.  They cut out the promo and cut out some of the initial promos talking about it, and they cut out the death announcement.

• Thanks 1

I'm 99% sure Over The Edge 99 was there at launch. I remember stories about it being the first time the show had ever been made available leading up to the launch, that they were including it as part of their "every ppv" promise.

20 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm 99% sure Over The Edge 99 was there at launch. I remember stories about it being the first time the show had ever been made available leading up to the launch, that they were including it as part of their "every ppv" promise.

this is my recollection as well.

• Thanks 1

Thoughts on Starrcade 86

Nelson Royal had a good night, winning a tag team match with Tim Horner and donning his cowboy hat to explain the Bunkhouse Stampede to everyone around the campfire. 

Brad Armstrong vs. Jimmy Garvin was the quintessential 80s NWA mid-card match. Fittingly, it ended in a draw. 

Baron von Raschke was a babyface, and the fans went crazy for him as he and Hector Guerrero beat Barbarian and Shaska Whatley. Two years later, Baron would be absolutely useless managing the Powers of Pain in the WWF.

Rick Rude dragged Wahoo McDaniel around the ring with one arm! However, he couldn't beat the master of the Indian strap match.

Bill Dundee tried to cheat after a ref bump, but the ref was Scrappy McGowan! He popped right back up and disqualified the Superstar in his match against Sam Houston. They don't call him Scrappy for nothing!

Jimmy Valiant finally succeeded in making Paul Jones a "bald-headed geek." Jimmy's own hair wasn't even on the line (Big Mama's was), so he had nothing to lose.

Big Bubba beat Ron Garvin in a street fight, but he failed to catch Jim Cornette as he fell off the scaffold. It wasn't Bubba's fault. He was right under Cornette, who swung out before dropping.

JJ Dillon is the MVP for his Herculean effort to help Tully Blanchard win Dusty Rhodes' TV title in a first blood match. Dusty busted JJ open with a bionic elbow at the start of the match. Dusty also made Tully bleed, but JJ cleaned up the blood, applied Vaseline to the cut, AND gave Tully a roll of coins to bust open Dusty to win the title.

Strange for the main event of Starrcade to end in double-DQ between Flair and Nikita. The touching tribute video for Magnum TA showed that he was probably slated for the title shot.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

So when is it the regular network is no longer supposed to be available in the US? They took my money for the month and I never got an e-mail talking about the switch.

April 5

According to the page on Peacock's site - you will get credited a refund for anything beyond the 5th

Note: After April 5, WWE Network will issue you a credit for the remaining balance on your WWE Network account. Please contact WWE Network support for further details. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Any word on when we're getting the other Icons episodes?

the Beth Phoenix episode is next and premieres this Sunday.

RVD's is scheduled for May. No word on Davey Boy & Luger episodes, but maybe Davey's is next month to coincide with his HOF induction.

• Thanks 1

Looking around the Peacock version and there are still 2021 stuff that is missing or you have to physically search to find.  Like a bunch of RAW, Smackdown, and NXT shows.  Unless they are going to do the thing they did with the Network where you have to wait a month before they show up.   At first I couldn't find this year Eliminator Chamber in the particular section but could find it when doing a search

Still haven't figured out how to get the subscription plan without commercials.  It seems that you if you get Peacock from your cable provider you are stuck in a certain premium version

Also noticed there are some old programs with a days remaining listed.   Luckily they have been most originals and not main shows but if they are willing to do it on a WWE 24 then maybe they will do for others.