DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

On 12/2/2020 at 12:00 PM, paintedbynumbers said:

With them not announcing the classic content and the fact that last months was scattered dates of PTW  I am starting to wonder if they ran out of footage that is ready to air.  I was hoping in the last 6 years they edited old Superstars/ All American Wrestling etc.  They have to have more ECW Supershows, and WCW though right?   If they decide to discontinue classic content I will be highly upset. I'l still keep them more than likely for what they do have but god what a blow it would be. 

Is this why there are just a bunch of WCW & WWF B-Shows being posted with know weird altercations recently, without a cease and desist coming their way? If so, then good. They don’t want to post the supplementary, then more power to those YouTube channels.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Watching the Smoking Skull Sessions One More Round with The Undertaker, and just have to wonder: That leather coat Undertaker is wearing. Is that custom-made or do you think someone could actually buy something like that online? I mean it's probably expensive as shit and I'd have next to no opportunities of ever wearing it anywhere, but man, that's something else. When I'm 50+, I should probably walk around with something like that on.

Looking at it closer, it even has Undertaker logos on it, well, that actually changes things a bit. It's not like I'd buy an actual Undertaker merch-coat, even if it was available, no offense to Mark Calloway.

Edited by Shartnado
Looking closer.

From watching the newest Untold on Goldberg and the streak, you can tell that Kevin Nash is still not a fan of him . Kevin basically admitting the the streak number was complete bullshit which I guess we knew already but was surprised it was said out loud.   Then talking about how he wasn't popular by saying stuff like "we just wanted to have a good time.  sorry that you weren't apart of it"  . 

Although given that people blame Nash and Hall for the decision to break the streak I guess I can see the bitterness

Edited by hammerva

21 minutes ago, hammerva said:

From watching the newest Untold on Goldberg and the streak, you can tell that Kevin Nash is still not a fan of him . Kevin basically admitting the the streak number was complete bullshit which I guess we knew already but was surprised it was said out loud.   Then talking about how he wasn't popular by saying stuff like "we just wanted to have a good time.  sorry that you weren't apart of it" 

Yeah, I watched it yesterday too and you are absolutely correct. He also denied being in the booking committee when the decision to beat Goldberg was made. As well as calling the ending of the Starrcade match "one of the best ever" , or something to that effect.

On an entirely different topic, I just put on Starrcade'87 and it's shocking how much more muscular Rick Steiner was around the UWF era. I understand that once he became the Dogface Gremlin, such physique wasn't needed (or even productive) for the character, but he was comparable to Scott at the time (almost).

So, am I just dumb, or is there no way to get to the Home Video Classics full section anymore?

I can still find individual matches from them by searching, but I cannot find, on mobile or roku, the actual section.

Edited by Brian Fowler

Apparently I skipped a couple of episodes of '93 Superstars before and after SummerSlam. One of them had Ludvig Borga vs Virgil. It had a hilarious spot where Virgil threw some shitty jabs of which maybe one barely connected, Borga no-sold them and threw a stiff jab of his own, dropping Virgil like a sack of crap. Now given Borga's gimmick and his latter day legit leanings this was all kinds of problematic, but if you just looked at it like Drago vs Creed from Rocky IV (or Creed II), it was a nice spot that really put over Borga as a threat.

Later on there was another squash, during which Borga suffered a rather nasty cut on his forehead and bled noticeably. Even Vince had to comment on it. And he completely no-sold it. I don't know what caused it? Maybe he headbutted his opponent a bit too stiff, or missed a charge into the corner? Either way, it made him look like a monster. I wish I would have seen that one as a teen.

Upcoming new stuff dropping:
January 17: WWE Untold on AJ Styles 2016 debut
January 24: New documentary on Pat Patterson + WWE Chronicle: Bianca Belair, 
January 27: WWE Roundtable on the first Women's Rumble with Natalya, Mickie James, Nia Jax, & Charlotte
January 29: WWE Day Of: Royal Rumble 2014
January 31: WWE Icons premieres w/ Yokozuna episode. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 3:20 AM, Tim Evans said:

I just looked on Mobile and it's available under the In Ring Section. Then you go to Featured and you'll see Home Video classics.

It hasn't been on the roku app in at least a year.

It's on Roku also. I know you have to go to the in ring, I forgot where to go from here though. I'l give it a shot in the am if you still can't find it on the Roku

8 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

It's on Roku also. I know you have to go to the in ring, I forgot where to go from here though. I'l give it a shot in the am if you still can't find it on the Roku

I definitely still can't find it.

13 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

January 27: WWE Roundtable on the first Women's Rumble with Natalya, Mickie James, Nia Jax, & Charlotte

Will that cover fucking Kevin Dunn missing the "I am phenomenal" titantron as AJ Styles made his WWE debut in the 2016 Royal Rumble match?I

Live:

Ammended:

---

Amazing to think it's five years. What a run in WWE, especially his first year there. The 2016 Wrestler of the Year.

Edited by The Natural

13 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

AKA the Royal Rumble 2014 where Bray Wyatt had his best singles match ever with Daniel Bryan and the crowd booed REY MYSTERIO, the 30th entrant in the Royal Rumble match. Fans expected it to be Daniel Bryan and boy they let WWE know.

On 1/2/2021 at 2:21 AM, paintedbynumbers said:

some great news!!  Jan 2021 classic content will be WWF Wrestling Challenge!!  13 episodes in total. 

I came here to post *rumors* about that same exact thing! And ask if anyone knew if it was true! Looking forward to this and been waiting for them for a good while now, as is evident from our previous discussion.