DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

• 3 weeks later...

The next content dump is more ECW. I think it's the supershows from 96 on. Not sure which ones.

I'm watching the 3/4/89 episode of WCW. I'm really surprised they put this on the netowrk. It looks like it came from a 6th generation VHS dub from RF video quality wise. What are some of the other shows that are in bad quality on the netowrk. I know some of the World Class episodes and ECW supershows are in bad quality. I can just imagine how bad the Florida shows are if they won't even put them on the network.

• Like 1

Since I've given up the Network ECW stuff for the redubs (the music is just too integral to the ECW experience for me), and kinda got mixed up in my attempts to watch WCW chronologically starting with the Crockett stuff (which really makes my thoughts of watching all the WWF/E stuff I can, in order, from the beginning somehow even more daunting), I've decided to jump into WCCW. Going in mostly cold, although I've seen a few TV shows and some docs.

I really wish they'd bring back the Legends Roundtable stuff. That was always my favorite when I first got the Network.

• Like 2

New Supershows are:

ECW Just Another Night 1996 

ECW Big Ass Extreme Bash 1996

ECW A Matter of Respect 1996 

ECW Hardcore Heaven 1996 

ECW Heat Wave 1996 

ECW The Doctor Is In 1996

ECW Natural Born Killaz 1996

ECW November to Remember 1996 

ECW Crossing the Line Again 1997

ECW CyberSlam 1997 

22 hours ago, southofheavy said:

Uhhh, so all the cuss words are bleeped out on Big Ass Extreme Bash RIGHT UP until New Jack gets on the mic. ?

"They made me watch that bullshit WCW..."

I won't spoil the rest.

I'm assuming they realized and took them all down now? Not seeing any of 'em up

I hope the Shane vs Scorpio match on Matter of Respect is as good as I remember it.

Which show was it where Cactus shows up to fight Shane and has had too much to drink at a wedding and is in "no condition to perform" and Shane kicks his ass anyway?

Going through WCCW in March (or May) 1982, so really early into the stuff on The Network. I'm glad Kevin von Erich is the main von Erich on TV, because just watching Kerry try and stay focused during promos is something. Sometimes he can barely put a thought together.

Also, I'm like 90% convinced Bray Wyatt is a Bugsy McGraw tribute.

• 2 weeks later...

As I told in another thread I've been watching '89 Prime Time and it was mildly amusing when Roddy Piper was all aghast and stuff when Bobby Heenan dropped that classic vaguely offensive joke about Tito, a cueball, hitting and English language. He was all like "That wasn't very nice" with pretty much Owen Hart -voice, and this is after spewing out all kinds of homophobic stuff about just about every heel on the show up to that point. I guess that's how the cookie crumbled back in '89. Still, rather problematic, as it the saying seems to go, nowadays.

Randomly came across a Jeff Jarrett vs Eddie Gilbert match in the "GWF" listing. Hot little match with a wonky finish. 

I miss Hot Stuff and it's amazing how Jarrett was such a great territory babyface but absolutely was NOT one on the national stage. 

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

There’s Global on the network? Didn’t remember that.

Well, it's Jarrett, Chris Adams, Steve Austin etc. era of Texas USWA (I guess, or World Class, I really don't know) from 1990, rather than the Global you are probably hoping for, but yeah, it's there. Lightning Kid vs Jerry Lynn can be found on Hidden Gems from THAT Global, however.

Watched an episode of 82 Mid Atlantic and Flair is cutting a promo with Hammer and says some shit like "and there's the legendary Don Kernoodle who is synonymous with the ladies" and Hammer just fucking cackles like a madman. It's great. Hammer is normally so stoic. 

I like to think that Flair popped him because it's either so widely off-base that it's hilarious or Kernoodle ended up taking some woman from the bar the night before or some shit. 

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2020/08/13/wwe-network-additions-independent-promotions-drew-mcintyre

WWE is adding content to the WWE Network, Sports Illustrated has learned.

WWE officials have confirmed that shows from EVOLVE, wXw, PROGRESS and Insane Championship Wrestling will begin airing on the WWE Network beginning this Saturday. The shows will add an international flair to the Network, with wXw based out of Germany, PROGRESS a staple of the English wrestling scene and ICW in Scotland.

The new content includes two “Best Of” compilation specials, which feature the work of Drew McIntyre in EVOLVE as well as Keith Lee’s rise in the same promotion.

“I absolutely never imagined matches from these companies, the places where I found myself in wrestling, are now going to be on the WWE Network,” said McIntyre, the reigning WWE Champion. “Hopefully they’re as good as I remember.”

I guess the two things I am curious on:

1.  How are they going to butcher the music for some of those promotions.  I mean Grado is going to be so nothing coming up to massively generic music

2. How much of WXW are they going to show?  I mean it will be a funny how much David Starr and death matches they will show on it