DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

Seems like content is broken down into three teirs: anyone able to view, viewable with a WWE.com login, and WWE Network subscription material. Hopefully the free tier will lead to them finally rolling out offline viewing for paid members. 

2 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

It dawned on me recently I’ve never seen any Don Muraco other than his Billy Graham protege run. Are there any matches on the network you’d recommend I check out? Or even just on YouTube 

I'm not saying this is ALL you need to watch but...

• Thanks 1

I just got done watching GAB 90 for the first time in a long long time

. My word, Sting's promo after the match has to be the most underwhelming victory speech in history. Add to that surrounding himself with a bunch of has-beens (as disrespectful as that sounds) with a moniker like Dudes With Attitudes instead of a bunch of young up and comers and no wonder his first reign bombed.

18 hours ago, Hagan said:

Last Ride is such a great doc. 

Co-sign. Arguably the best episode yet as 'Taker talks about keeping in character for so long and how he went through the lengths to do so. Seeing Undertaker talk about how he's looking forward to the Goldberg match at Super Showdown knowing how it went down and the aftermath of that is covered here. Said match was a fucking disaster where as Undertaker/Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre/Shane McMahon at Extreme Rules was his best match at the time since the Hell in a Cell with Brock at the 2015 event.

Edited by The Natural

13 hours ago, hammerva said:

Recapping the Boneyard Match to Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls is just a million chef's kisses right there.  

Tell me about it.  I was geeking out the whole time during that recap.  I could tell they're his favorite band due to them being used in previous times for his stuff.  And that music interview he did recently confirmed that.

The way the last episode was done it was every bit of 'Taker giving a retirement speech without actually saying he's retired.  Whether it's due to him not wanting to say that on the chance he does something or he doesn't want to pull a Terry Funk is anyone's guess.  But he pointed out many professional and personal reasons for being good with not wrestling and I hope he can enjoy the rest of life without wanting that urge for one last match.  He ended on a really high note and I would hate for him to try something where he disappoints himself again.  The guy has more than earned his retirement and I hope he finally gets in the Hall of Fame next year.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 1:24 AM, hammerva said:

Recapping the Boneyard Match to Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls is just a million chef's kisses right there.  

Which begs the question: why is Triple H's awesome WM entrance from when he used this dubbed over? ?

38 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

Which begs the question: why is Triple H's awesome WM entrance from when he used this dubbed over? ?

Metallica songs are expensive to license for on demand stuff.  Live or for a short time it's not as bad.  That's why if I want to check them out I go to Youtube or somewhere to check them out.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 1:24 AM, hammerva said:

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 2:48 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Tell me about it.  I was geeking out the whole time during that recap.  I could tell they're his favorite band due to them being used in previous times for his stuff.  And that music interview he did recently confirmed that.

The way the last episode was done it was every bit of 'Taker giving a retirement speech without actually saying he's retired.  Whether it's due to him not wanting to say that on the chance he does something or he doesn't want to pull a Terry Funk is anyone's guess.  But he pointed out many professional and personal reasons for being good with not wrestling and I hope he can enjoy the rest of life without wanting that urge for one last match.  He ended on a really high note and I would hate for him to try something where he disappoints himself again.  The guy has more than earned his retirement and I hope he finally gets in the Hall of Fame next year.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 3:10 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Metallica songs are expensive to license for on demand stuff.  Live or for a short time it's not as bad.  That's why if I want to check them out I go to Youtube or somewhere to check them out.

Enjoy it all over again:

• Thanks 1