DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

Just now, L_W_P said:

2 partners?

I assume Walter isn't going to take part in the match then?

They just said it would be against Emperium without specifying who would be wrestling

• Like 1

I'm sure it will be WALTER, Barthel and Aichner. I'm thinking KUSHIDA's partners will be either 1-2 or they will surprise us with the FMW and Mandrews.

I'm all for either, but I'll go bananas if it's Imperium vs. KUSHIDA & 1-2.

Don’t know if this out there but they just announced NXT would air  Friday nights before Smackdown on Sportsnet 360 in Canada (Listed as only being an hour on The graphic they showed with Main Event following SD).

Edited by caley

4 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Stoked for the tapings tonight.

I have tickets for next week also and then I'll take a break for a couple of weeks so I don't get burned out.

Since it's live are the prices still the same or are they cheaper considering it's weekly now.

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

Since it's live are the prices still the same or are they cheaper considering it's weekly now.

Same prices -- as they were cheap before.

$10 GA, $20 GC, but it's impossible to get GC unless you work for WWE or you work as faculty or staff or are a student at Full Sail as they get code to purchase tickets before tickets get released to the general crowd.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Same prices -- as they were cheap before.

$10 GA, $20 GC, but it's impossible to get GC unless you work for WWE or you work as faculty or staff or are a student at Full Sail as they get code to purchase tickets before tickets get released to the general crowd.

That's actually not bad at all.  Considering it's WWE I figured it'd be more expensive.  Man, if I lived around there I'd see to get tickets any chance I could.

WrestleZone is quoting Meltzer on saying there's some concern among fans due to lack of fan interaction now that the roster parks behind Full Sail and there's no food trucks.

That's not true. Even when the food trucks were there, the fans would rarely (and I mean rarely -- I've attended every taping for the past 18 months now?) bother the talent before or even approach them after the tapings.

In fact, that was actually one of the things that I noticed when I first started going to Full Sail. The roster would just walk around the front and no one would even approach them. They would just let them be and would let order their meals and go on about their ways.

2 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

How long were the old tapings? I can see not having food trucks brought out for a shorter, weekly event instead of a longer event every month and a half or so.

3:30 - 4:00

It was rough.

The reason they stopped bringing the food trucks was because they have catering now backstage.

Folks are more bummed they have to get a bite at Wendy's or McDonald's now (if they are in rush) or they have to starve for the entirety of the show than they are about the lack of talent interaction.

On 9/25/2019 at 11:44 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Another perfectly fine wrestling name changed to a millenial middle schooler's

Kayden Carter sounds like Aurora Rose's BFF. Her mom is Dixie and she has a cousin named Ethan. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Yeah, Pat McAfee and Sam Roberts are up there in my list of wrestling personalities I have no interest ever seeing again just below Shane McMahon of course who will forever be #1.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I'm going to go on the record and say that no one asked for, wanted, or needs a wrestling pregame show.

If it would get rid of or at least lessen the number of hype videos before every single match, I’d be for it. But instead, it just doubled the number of videos, which is awful.