DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

It's cheaper to do it this way then traveling across the country for tapings. If I was them, I would scrap the Orlando live events and just tour across Florida for the Florida loop excluding Orlando and just do their occasional tours across the country. To avoid burning out the Full Sail crowd, I would recommend leaving Full Sail at least once a month and then returning, but that's not happening.

Yeah, it would be fucking awesome if they ran smaller premiere venues for NXT (Hammerstein in NYC, ECW Arena in Philly, James L Knight in Miami, and I'm sure you can fill in your local venue from there.)  

2 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Dave said on WOR last night that he wouldnt be surprised if they started to put Takeovers head-to-head against AEW PPVs

Honestly, I think the real competition between AEW and WWE is with the fans most invested in NXT, so it makes sense.  

A question. So what if WWE fires a major salvo in the “war” and the final pick in the upcoming draft is the man that’s going to take NXT into the Wednesday night era. The man that is semi-retired and (relatively speaking) right down the street. John Cena.

What I’m wondering is...how would the fans react? Would this be seen as “same old shit” and NXT officially jumping the shark, or would people be excited by the idea of Cena vs Dream/Cole/Riddle, etc. ?

7 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Except Cena is going to be filming Suicide Squad, so unlikely.  Also, unlikely he ever comes back full time.

True and likely not good to be so hypothetical. I guess I’m asking more generally is what would the reaction be if Vince decided to put a big gun (Roman or Brock might also work for this purpose) on Wednesdays. In the eyes of the current NXT fan base is that a good thing (not gonna like Roman vs Riddle would be good shit man) or a bad thing (Vince-ination of NXT, selling out to the the same old shit)

I think Roman and Seth are anchoring Mondays and Tuesdays in Vince's mind so they won't move and aside from them their only big guns are Braun, Brock, and maybe Lashley. I think the initial reaction would be pleasant surprise immediately chased by the concern that the big gun will make the NXT guys look like chumps and ruin the vibe, fair or not. If Kevin Owens isn't just being cute on Twitter and is actually changing brands, that's probably as big a gun as NXT is going to get. Unless the ratings aren't up to snuff, then I expect F5s for everyone.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Except Cena is going to be filming Suicide Squad, so unlikely.  Also, unlikely he ever comes back full time.

That Suicide Squad cast list looks pretty promising. I love a good ensemble cast that is designed to die in creative, and unexpected ways. Makes me wish there was a new Cannonball Run where characters die left, and right. Maybe they can get meta, and cast the Uso’s. 

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That Suicide Squad cast list looks pretty promising. I love a good ensemble cast that is designed to die in creative, and unexpected ways. Makes me wish there was a new Cannonball Run where characters die left, and right. Maybe they can get meta, and cast the Uso’s. 

Man, don't get me started on wanting to cast a "WWE Films presents Cannonball Run" remake.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think James Gunn would have a lot of great ideas and then Vince would turnaround,  look at him and say "More Shane" 

7 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

True and likely not good to be so hypothetical. I guess I’m asking more generally is what would the reaction be if Vince decided to put a big gun (Roman or Brock might also work for this purpose) on Wednesdays. In the eyes of the current NXT fan base is that a good thing (not gonna like Roman vs Riddle would be good shit man) or a bad thing (Vince-ination of NXT, selling out to the the same old shit)

If there was to be a main roster big gun to come to NXT that the fans wouldn't shit on, Kevin Owens or AJ Styles are about the only ones I could see. Nakamura or Zayn could also fit the bill but I don't think the top brass sees them as big guns. Owens definitely could use major rehabbing after that....well, you all saw Smackdown. Styles could have some great matches with Undisputed Era.

Thinking out loud, I personally would send Finn back to NXT. Feels like he's hit his ceiling on Raw/Smackdown.

• Like 1

As pointed out... somewhere... KO moving back to NXT also works because it would allow him to be much closer to home which is (obviously) very important to him

It wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of these guys who have been "unhappy" showing up on NXT (Finn, Harper, Rusev...)

As cool as it would be to see some of those main roster folks move back to NXT -- I don't think it would be that great of an idea as NXT already has a stacked roster, plus there's already those folks who are going to move there from 205 Live.