DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

I know people don't like Sam Roberts, but he has at least two interviews on his YouTube channel/podcast with Stokely (or whatever name he goes by this week). The one I'm watching, which is an hour long and has video instead of just audio, is really interesting and good. Roberts always does good interviews when it's just him and the wrestler (or celebrity), but I know he's annoying on WWE TV.

Watching NXT TV right now and saw a commercial for clash of champions and it made me wonder. With the move to USA and NXT being a official 3rd brand, will NXT matches be added to future PPVs, and does this mean the end to Takeover events?  Or will NXT just continue to be presented as is, and PPVs will still only be Raw and Smackdown with NXT getting their traditional takeover events? 

It really is going to be fascinating how they handle the "third brand" aspect. Worst case scenario, they go the ECW Champion Big Show route, shuffling over fading veterans to give it "credibility" and throwing NXT title matches on B-level PPVs and Big 4 pre-shows. They're really going to need a storyline reason for the brand to be whatever it is if it's not a developmental territory/stepping stone to the main roster. Luckily, WWE storytelling is immaculate in its logic and masterful in its execution.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Log said:

Has there been any word on how NXT on Hulu will work now?  Previously, we got every episode on Thursday, and even Takeovers the day after they happened.  Will this continue?

When they announced the move - Network subscribers got an email saying the show would be available the next day on demand.

I would assume this applies to Hulu too.

• Like 1

The current one-hour, three-match formula doesn't really lend itself to Stokely greatness. When they've got more time to play with, I imagine he'll get a chance to be the best personality in wrestling for a while until Vince, who has absolutely no say in NXT ever never and you're stupid for asking, gently reminds everyone that managers are too rasslin', pal.

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For the first show on USA - they are going to have Io vs Mia vs Bianca in a #1 contender match

It just hit me that this makes no logical sense stories they are building at the moment. Everyone here has already lost to Shayna. Only Bianca feels like she has some momentum with a win streak having started. Regal even more or less called Mia out for acting like a little bitch for complaining and begging for another shot at Shayna 1 on 1 after she went after Shafir and Duke only to lose to Shayna at Takeover. Beyond that the Rhea feud had seemingly only just began. Did they just toss that aside?