DVDVR Message Board

ALL OUT PPV - August 31, 2019

RIPPA

1 hour ago, AxB said:

The nearest Cracker Barrel restaurant to Craven Cottage is 3500 miles away. Blah blah foreign fans etc.

I think only 5 people in Manchester drive Chevy’s. I think at this point a restaurant that sells 5 flavours of Moon Pie’s can be accepted into your culture.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

45 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think only 5 people in Manchester drive Chevy’s. A think at this point a restaurant that sells 5 flavours of Moon Pie’s can be accepted into your culture.

No, it's more than that. The whole Man U squad gets one free. Although the Manchester Chevy dealership is literally the Manchester branch of England's top used & new car dealer.

9 hours ago, Custos said:

Also, Jungle Boy fits that Rey Mysterio niche perfectly of the undersized guy who can be the wish fulfilment avatar for all the kids being pushed around by big kids and grownups.

I guess Marko Stunt is an extreme version of that too and so they fit together from that aspect. Although I personally feel like he crosses the Spike Dudley Line from ‘small guy who can get a couple of licks in’ to ‘12 year old nephew of spot show promoter’ but YMMV.

If we're casting quick underdogs who can give bigger guys fits, I like what I've seen of Darby so far. And given the match with Cody, I like to think they don't plan to just pigeonhole him as a "death match guy." But if they do, that's fun too.

Although Darby might be more of a tiny, slicker Jeff Hardy than a Rey Mysterio.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

7 hours ago, cubbymark said:

How soon do you expect All Elite Wrestling to be Fulham's shirt sponsor? It can't be any more embarrassing that an Asian online betting site, or can it?

Given that we have Angry Birds as a sleeve sponsor, I’ll stay out of this one. ? 

17 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I have a feeling that some people won't see the MJF/Miz comparison as the compliment it is. 

It depends on if they saw the whole interview or just got it out of context - Malenko had gone out of his way to put Miz over earlier in the interview.

4 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I don't think the Fulham fans would want anything on their shirts to remind them of Tony Khan's involvement with their club TBH

Khan got them to the PL and threw even more money into the club. It just didnt work. Khan is light years ahead of Mike Ashley.

• Like 1

Mike Ashley got Newcastle to the Premiership twice. Admittedly both times he'd been the one that had previously got them relegated out of the prem, but you can't have everything.

I love that he said he'd sell the team if he won a trophy, got relegated, won a trophy the next year (Champions of the Championship) and refused to sell it. It's going to be really funny when he goes bankrupt in a few years. Unless you work for him or he owes you money, obvs.

Mike Ashley would still be the best owner Impact could ever wish for, they’d be perfect for each other!

I rewatched Kenny v Pac because I crashed out during it on Saturday, it was pretty great when set apart from the rest of the card.

Edited by Ultimo Necro

17 hours ago, Custos said:

‘Wrestling has more than one royal family’ really sums up this vision of using respected veterans where they can add value versus ignoring/underplaying their legacy or outright humiliating them in inappropriate throwaway TV skits, subservient to the all powerful McMahons. I don’t think it’s as simplistic as a ‘nostalgia pop’

That is a motherfucker of a statement right there. Really excellent way to look at their usage of stars from past eras. I hope they continue that respectful use, and that they keep finding ways to remind people who might not know who they are why they are fucking important.

15 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Just curious, why was it better out of context?

From what I remembered before I fell asleep I felt it was a bit disjointed. I only missed the last couple of minutes watching it live. My memory was that I didn’t enjoy it and preferred the matches around it.

On the rewatch I think I preferred to almost everything else on the card.

Just my own tastes as I’m not a huge Kenny or PAC guy.

16 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Does Dusty, Dustin, Terri, Cody and Brandi constitute a "royal family?" 

I mean, I've pretty much considered that the "Royal Family" line before his song, titled "Kingdom", about creating his own Kingdom, is basically Cody saying that The Rhodes are as Royal as the McMahons.

33 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I mean, I've pretty much considered that the "Royal Family" line before his song, titled "Kingdom", about creating his own Kingdom, is basically Cody saying that The Rhodes are as Royal as the McMahons.

He's saying "More than one", not "Two". Maybe he's just being respectful to the Funks, Harts, Guerreros, Von Erichs, Ortons, Santos, Wagners & Parkas, et cetera.

• Like 1