DVDVR Message Board

ALL OUT PPV - August 31, 2019

RIPPA

If you subtract that fucking botched poison rana (this mere weeks after Naito fucked it up badly too), that Kenny/Pac match was the perfect prelude to them going balls out in a few months in a main event spot. So good with both storytelling and move/timing zaniness. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, D.Z said:

AEW-Full-Gear.png

If I heard right this is gonna be in Baltimore. If so that means I'll be seeing two AEW shows in two months and I'm very happy about that. 

Really loved the show. Only one that didn't land was Best Friends/Dark Order but Orange made it very worthwhile. The bar lost their minds for the Cracker Barrel and ladder matches. And Arn fucking Anderson made the place explode. Good stuff all around. 

EDIT: Aw, just saw the tweet about Kylie Rae. That's really sad as we absolutely adored her. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

If I heard right this is gonna be in Baltimore. If so that means I'll be seeing two AEW shows in two months and I'm very happy about that. 

Really loved the show. Only one that didn't land was Best Friends/Dark Order but Orange made it very worthwhile. The bar lost their minds for the Cracker Barrel and ladder matches. And Arn fucking Anderson made the place explode. Good stuff all around. 

And I'll be incredibly bummed if Kylie Rae is done wrestling. I'm hoping they find a role for her as she just brings so much joy when watching her. I'm sure she'd do great in a non-wrestling role. 

Hopefully, she'll be back somewhere down the road. Commissioner Kylie has a nice ring to it. Or maybe Kylie as a manager?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hopefully, she'll be back somewhere down the road. Commissioner Kylie has a nice ring to it. Or maybe Kylie as a manager?

I'm hoping, but if she left AEW then who knows what she'll do. She does seen like somebody worth following and hopefully she has good news soon. 

EDIT: And it appears she deleted her social media so so much for checking that. Can't help but feel concerned about her but hopefully she'll be okay. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Back to the Barrel’s. Those were some of the best looking gimmicked props I’ve seen in some time. They really added to the silliness of the match after they cartoonishly exploded like if ACME TNT had been strapped to it. 

Loved when they had to sell the weight of the barrels. I think especially it was when Janela lifted it over the top rope into the ring. Haha. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm hoping, but if she left AEW then who knows what she'll do. She does seen like somebody worth following and hopefully she has good news soon. 

EDIT: And it appears she deleted her social media so so much for checking that. Can't help but feel concerned about her but hopefully she'll be okay. 

Her Instagram is still up as of now. 

Last post was a month ago.

Edited by cubbymark
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, D.Z said:

AEW-Full-Gear.png

Just realized this will be head to head with New Japan Showdown in San Jose. Both shows are likely to sell out anyway (aew in an arena with 14.6k capacity for boxing, new japan in a 2850 venue that will likely be 2200 for wrestling. Again being too conservative.)

First of all,  FUCK my cable company and the issues I had trying to order this PPV.   Luckily I went on PS4 and bought the Fite stream off the PlayStation network and it was FLAWLESS. So props to them.  

Unfortunately I missed much of Omega and PAC.  The rest of the show was pretty good.  Who ain't gonna love Double A throwin a motherfucker in a spinebuster one last time?  I dug the ladder match,  I'm not big on the Bucks style but I quite like them in there with the Lucha Bros who I adore and the match was bonkers.  

Hangman Page rode a horse down to the ring. That was freakin' cool.  The match with Jericho was... okay.  I probably enjoyed it more than I would have because I watched with a room of people and we were all in a good mood anyway.  I think Jericho is the right guy to have the title when TV starts. 

I think Jericho holding the title for a while as they debut on cable TV is fine. have a veteran heel that people can chase. The important thing is when it's time to put that young surging talent over, pull that trigger. That's what largely killed TNA. 

• Like 3

According to the guy on Reddit who broke the news about Moxley being out of the match with Omega before it was announced - Kylie Rae requested her release because she’s retiring due to a medical issue.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

If you subtract that fucking botched poison rana (this mere weeks after Naito fucked it up badly too), that Kenny/Pac match was the perfect prelude to them going balls out in a few months in a main event spot. So good with both storytelling and move/timing zaniness. 

Funny thing, I was watching CMLL's Gran Prix and Dragon Lee/Mecha Wolf botched it as well.

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Moving forward,  I don't like to do this so early but I think Dark Order needs to be Buy In status.  There's at least half a dozen teams that are more over than them.  

Serious question, name teams that are less over than Dark Order?

I wonder when whole "CM Punk is coming back" thing will finally die? Now I saw people saying that they are saving him for first TV show. When he isn't in it I guess people will start theorizing about some special TV show that they'll need a ratings bump and thats when he'll make his debut.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Moving forward,  I don't like to do this so early but I think Dark Order needs to be Buy In status.  There's at least half a dozen teams that are more over than them.  

They're getting heel reactions, as the crowd was chanting "creepy perverts" at them. I don't think Jerry Lawler can say he ever got a "creepy pervert" chant despite being more than deserving of it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1